Well, I've got quite unusual problem - my whammy bar broke down inside the bridge, while it was screwed in. Now I have this tiny piece of metal in my bridge, preventing me from installing another tremolo. I tried to screw it out fitting the rest of my bar with the broken part inside and screwing, I've used every tiny metal objects in my home to somehow get it out and nothing works. Well, yes, I've screwed it out a bit but now it got stuck completely. I've got a normal two point synchronised tremolo found in every Stratocaster. Got any ideas?
I don't remember, but I believe it would be easier to try to get the metal out from the back. Try opening the plate cover in the back and work out the broken piece from there.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
You might want some professional help with that.
Check your local music store!
Good luck.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
theres tools for exactly this sort of thing.

1. weld a piece of metal to it and back it out.

2. vibrator. there are vibrating tools (electronic and air powered) that will allow you to try to squiggle it out with the pin point end (thats why a dildo wont work here)

3. reverse threaded drill bits. allow you to turn lefty loosie, they will dig into the broken piece while turning left and at the same time back out your regular threaded trem bar

good luck
Gear nut
two things.

you can drill with a pin point drill into the part still in the bridge, and reverse the drill try to move it out, or tap in a nail, try to spin it out.

or you can dab epoxy onto the bar and CAREFULLY place it back onto the stuck part and that should hold well enough for you to get it out.

if the part in the bridge is stuck, the threads might be crossed. if that's the case, ur only option will be to go without a bar or replace the bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by mrryan
theres tools for exactly this sort of thing.

1. weld a piece of metal to it and back it out.

2. vibrator. there are vibrating tools (electronic and air powered) that will allow you to try to squiggle it out with the pin point end (thats why a dildo wont work here)

3. reverse threaded drill bits. allow you to turn lefty loosie, they will dig into the broken piece while turning left and at the same time back out your regular threaded trem bar

good luck

Lol.

The drill method mentioned by others is a good way to get it out.
------------------
Quote by iTzMaTT
You might want some professional help with that.
Check your local music store!
Good luck.

That post made me sad o.0 So here's a piece of Bulgarian engineering prowess:

There's this tool for drilling holes with screw-threads in them, I don't know how it's called in English... Use a small one to drill a hole with opposite (counterclockwise to screw in) threads into the stuck piece, then you'll be able to use a fitting screw to remove it.

I hope I've made myself clear enough...
go to your local hardware store and get a easy out, youll have to drill a small hole in the middle of it and insert the easy out and turn out and the easy out will grab it and spin it out, ive done the same thing before
Its just a left hand drill bit it bites in the lefty loosey direction. Or a hole and one of those broken bolt removers might work. But if its cross threaded or anything its gonna be really tough. You can take the strings off and remove the springs in the back. The bridge will come out real easy then. Most of the time its much easier just to take something apart than fight with it. Youll be pretty mad at your self if the drill slips and takes out the paint on the guitar.