So here I am in the middle of two paths. 1st-Buy a new acoustic 2- buy a new 80gb ipod, strings, pedals, theory book. I'm leaning more towards the 2nd option. and here's my question. With the new ipod can I have a buddy of mine fill it up w/ his music library then I can add to it as I please? I already have a ipod nano and itunes on my comp. so if i plug my new ipod into my pc will it delete everything. and lastly can I put music from the new ipod onto my pc? Thanks!
Just turn of Sync with iPod and it won't delete it.

You can't put music from your iPod onto your computer without downloading a ripping programme.

Don't buy an iPod if you can afford better.
Quote by Alix_D
Just turn of Sync with iPod and it won't delete it.

You can't put music from your iPod onto your computer without downloading a ripping programme.

Don't buy an iPod if you can afford better.

He's right.

Also, keep in mind that you're asking a guitar forum that the majority hates apple, so that should give you an idea of what responses are going to be like.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Ipod is bollocks, not just saying this because I hump the bandwagon. I seriously hate them. Had a 30gb video, 2 months after the warranty ran out it just stopped turning on. Lost about 1000 songs with it. The rest were backed up. Now I have a creative zen vision. Which I pretty much go for cheaper than the Ipod. I got it in the US.
Cheaper, more features, more cusomizable and it doesn't freeze every other 5 seconds.
Nothing wrong with Apple, well, I don't really care about them, but iPods have an awful lot of flaws, which is why a lot of people hate them.
If you sync it with your friends computer, you won't be able to fully sync it on your computer as iTunes will say something like "This iPod is synced with another library, do you want to erase its contents and sync?"

Or something like that...
i don't understand why people seem to bash ipods and apple? i have had an ipod for almost 4 years now and i have never had any problems with mine in that time.
Between The Buried And Me

Member #6 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club! PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join!
I don't wanna sync it w/ my pc, I just wanna know if i'll be able to add music to it from my computer?
The iPod touch is the so nice. Ive never had an mp3 player before that I didnt say "man I wish they changed that" or "That is stupid how they set that up". It seriously has been amazing... the ONLY thing I wish it did was automaticly connect to a wifi access point right when you walk into one(you have to go to the browser and it will ask if you want to join it). Its pretty incredible. It seems like most people who hate apple have never even had one of their products(I hated them before I actually bought an iPod too)

I have had a Creative ZEN Microphoto(biggest POS I have ever owned in my entire life and creative's customer support/relations is terrible), a ipod nano(wasnt really impressed but it was an ok mp3 player), and a microsoft zune(which could have been incredible but they gimped all the features on it and they're music manager software is really slow)

No you cant take music off of your ipod to your pc without a 3rd party program.
You cant take the music off of it even if you sync manually. You can keep all of your friends music on it and add your own music manually though.
Quote by Peregrin
i don't understand why people seem to bash ipods and apple? i have had an ipod for almost 4 years now and i have never had any problems with mine in that time.

People bash them because you're the exception in most cases.