Poll: Should the 'Join Date' be removed from UG'ers info?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should the 'Join Date' be removed from UG'ers info?
YES!!!
48 21%
NO!!!
184 79%
Voters: 232.
Page 1 of 2
Should the 'Join Date' be removed from UG'ers info?(eg mine is something like May 07 in case you don't know what im talking about). It definetly eliminate all those people who think their great because they've been here longe. It coul be replaced with a total posts statistic which would show more acurately who is a better UG'er.
So what do you think?
n00b
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
no i r pwn y00

EDIT: look at aqua dementia, sep 07er (im sure hes a multi ) but everybody likes him
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Last edited by Oasis-fanatic at Oct 19, 2007,
Quote by peterom11
Should the 'Join Date' be removed from UG'ers info?(eg mine is something like May 07 in case you don't know what im talking about). It definetly eliminate all those people who think their great because they've been here longe. It coul be replaced with a total posts statistic which would show more acurately who is a better UG'er.
So what do you think?

1. I've not seen any ''**** off i'm 06 and you're may 07, n00b'' type posts in ages.

2. Posters are judged on what they post, not their join date, if you spam everywhere talking about penis, then people are going to think you're an idiot.

3. A better UGer? A concept fraught with more flaws than an Ipod.
old ppl own!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by peterom11
So what do you think?
First - the only people who would support that are new, the only people who would be against that are old. Second - no, it wouldn't. Third - that would not increase any kind of accuracy.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Something like a post rating system would be better that allows people to give points to people that help and take a point from someone that flames, spams, or adds something not relevant.
No, because most of the time people who joined within the last month are always are trolls or n00bs
yes, and it should be replaced by the amount of posts (minus pit posts).

EDIT:
people to give points to people that help and take a point from someone that flames, spams, or adds something not relevant.
+874522

Brilliant !
yeh june 07 noob
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
youre an idiot, no one cared when you joined ug until you brought it up, so, you deserve all the flaming you get
Quote by Alix_D
1. I've not seen any ''**** off i'm 06 and you're may 07, n00b'' type posts in ages.

2. Posters are judged on what they post, not their join date, if you spam everywhere talking about penis, then people are going to think you're an idiot.

Honestly. I haven't seen any OMG *month* 07ER GTFO since like April.
<Han> I love Hitler
tbh most people don't even notice the join date unless the person is trolling or being really stupid, then they deserve getting flamed anyway.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Join date and post count always makes a better member.

Fool
Last edited by Small Print at Oct 19, 2007,
I'm reasonably new here and I've had a few incidents where people have dismissed my opinions, been rude to me or (quite often) just completely ignored me - I don't think this would happen as much if I'd been signed up longer.

I't doesn't really bother me though and I don't think it's a serious problem.

It works both ways too - if you're a newbie and you know that a lot of "older" members are going to be reading your comments then you're gonna think more about what you're posting and be a lot less likely to make an ass of yourself.
no surprise, you're an '07er
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
I joined in September '06. Big Whoop. Nobody cares anymore, and there haven't been any sincere "omg gtfo *insert month* '07er!" posts for ages.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by brymon
I'm reasonably new here and I've had a few incidents where people have dismissed my opinions, been rude to me or (quite often) just completely ignored me - I don't think this would happen as much if I'd been signed up longer.

I't doesn't really bother me though and I don't think it's a serious problem.

It works both ways too - if you're a newbie and you know that a lot of "older" members are going to be reading your comments then you're gonna think more about what you're posting and be a lot less likely to make an ass of yourself.

Tell you what, more people notice a default avatar than join date.
Quote by peterom11
So what do you think?

Hell no. Quite whining, if you can't take someone ragging on you about how new you are then leave.
TS -

Nah, I don't think that they should take away the join date. You're just jealous that I joined way back in 2005
i cant even remember when i joined....i think it was this summer though....

Edit: yeah, july and no one gives me crap about being new....
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Well, the date doesn't say much. Like, I've been coming to UG since '04-05, but only joined in 2006. I don't really know why there's so much worship of older users, but nowadays there's less and less of them so that's going out, thankfully.
Quote by filthandfury
Shup June 07 newb.

Coming from the March 07 newb

Shup March 07 newb.

Coming from the August 06 not so newb
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

No because it makes me feel better about myself.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by peterom11
So what do you think?

That you're an idiot?
I'm a communist. Really.
It's called a class system. Know your role.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
No because people will find something else to just everyone by. Like post count, then it would encourage people to post/spam LOADS in the other forums with pointless crap just to get their post count up...
No, who really cares? If you have someone who uses the join date to better themselves, just ignore them, because they've got nothing on you.

On the other hand, I'd pwn you all in join date AND posts.
(Kidding, of course).
Page 1 of 2