I have 26 people in my friends list, and from all of them, I only know 5 :\
So why people add random people? I all the time get invitations from people that I never talked with or know who they are
So what's the point?

EDIT: Same thing happens in myspace. I don't find the logic in having people that you never talked with in your friends list.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Oct 19, 2007,
I do it to have the kewlest friends, so that others will be envious of me knowing them (which I don't, really).
I'm a communist. Really.
I don't have this problem cause no one adds me. Lucky me, eh?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by urik
I have 26 people in my friends list, and from all of them, I only know 5 :\
So why people add random people? I all the time get invitations from people that I never talked with or know who they are
So what's the point?

EDIT: Same thing happens in myspace. I don't find the logic in having people that you never talked with in your friends list.

*adds*
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
^
Damn... How I didn't see it coming
2 new friend requests
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I originally added people that I thought were cool, now people add me because I'm funny? Eh, I don't really care..
I have 162 friends on here and I know maybe 20 of them...
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
To get to know people, to make friends, its for the people with not very many friends who want somebody to talk to.
I don't have any friends

Wait, I do :banana:

Yeah, I talked to one of them once and don't know the other.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
www.ultimate-guitar.com

The NEW myspace!!
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by fexnah
I don't have any friends

Wait, I do :banana:

LIAR!

You have two
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

The way I figured, the 80 friend invites I've recieved are like me being in a Night club. I'm the smokin' hot famous celebrity, and everyone knows me (as well as my awesomeness). They all want to get some sweet Madcap action (can't blame them). I don't know them, but I guess I can accept and invite.

But in reality, people think they look cool with a big number of invites, so they invited random people (which happened to be me).
Ug is turning into the trendy alternative myspace. It sucks. check out my profile
Honeybiscuit is here.
Quote by The Madcap
But in reality, people think they look cool with a big number of invites, so they invited random people (which happened to be me).

Or maybe they just like you? Maybe both!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
When I used to have myspace it annoyed me when I got friend requests from random people I didn't know. I think some people do it just to look popular by having x amount of friends. I ain't adding anyone on UG cause I don't know anyone here
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
Quote by Kensai
Or maybe they just like you? Maybe both!
Probably. I do think that people do it randomly, too. I've been insulted by people who have added me. I don't mean one insult. I mean they keep on doing it. =/
I have 360 friends, I know perhaps 28 from talking on the forums or chat
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
For whatever reason a lot of people I don't know send me an invite, and I ususally just accept it because I dont wanna feel like an asshole or anything. But seriously, I don't know where they come from.
i add people when i recognize their names. like people i see around on a fairly regular basis.
I have two, I always reject those I don't want to be "friends" with. I don't want to give those who gives me the friend request the joy of having another friend as I guess that would be the only reason to ask anyone you don't know.
There's noone on my friends list
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
I know all of my friends, the hilarity in that sentence becomes valid once you view my profile.
I only add/accept those who I have talked to, or see post that i like, in hope of getting to chat.

I don't see the point in having random people as friends, just a boost for their e-penis I guess.