Pros: No glue to hamper tone. better tone. more durable(maybe),
Cons: Price, Rarity, economicality, weight.
really not worth it, as large peices needed for a body dont come along too much. And companies charge alot for em.
Quote by qotsa1998
Pros: No glue to hamper tone. better tone. more durable(maybe),
Cons: Price, Rarity, economicality, weight.

Not so much....the glue tends to strengthen the wood in all the cases I've seen. Multi-piece bodies are, if anything, more durable than one-piece.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
glue is stronger than wood

some people claim to hear a difference. Go for it if it floats your boat. I'm happy with a 2 or 3 piece.
I've got a one piece mahogany body, and it makes, well no difference in my opinion.
cost more for no apparent reason.

you could say, if your going to glue it yourself, it will be less hassle to buy one piece, but other than that, just save your money and go for glued pieces
THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE

you'll hear a tonal difference between woods....but hear the glue between the pieces??? B.S.!!!!

funny thing is, one piece bodies have the neck either glued or bolted in. what do you think will sound better, a bolt/set neck on a 1 piece or a 3 piece neck thru to 2 body wings?? i'll take the latter please
Shamray Custom V
Jackson USA KV2 Korina
Charvel Model 1
Dean Custom-450
ENGL Powerball head
ENGL Blackmore head
The only real advantage is if you're after the looks on a clear finish, but a well joined two-piece can look every bit as good.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!