i know how to tune standard and drop D (only dropping e to d), but how would i tune to drop C (all strings dropped) and drop Db (all strings)
i want to play stuff like system of a down and breaking benjamin and whatnot but i dont know how to tune them
like i know that all the strings match to the 5th fret in standard (except for b), but what frets should i use to match the strings for drop C and drop Db?
thanks,
if you mean D standard and C standard then all you do is tune the e string down to c and then tune the rest of the strings to the C string
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
drop c:
fat e: 7th fret - tung to g
5th: tune to g
4th: 9th fret - tune to a
3rd: 4th fret - tune to a
2nd: tune to a
high e: tune to d

figure out "Db" tuning for yourself
Drop C is easy-tune all strings to the D, so ur in full step down. The tune the C to be an octave below the 3rd string, which is C.
Db is harder. Get it in C, then tune all to the 6th fret except b, tune to the fifth. youll be tuning up one step. But u would wanna change string gauge to 11s, so you have more tension than on 9s.
Quote by Sheepbane
if you mean D standard and C standard then all you do is tune the e string down to c and then tune the rest of the strings to the C string

yeah c and d standard
so i would just tune the e to the c, which means match the 9th fret on low e to the a string, then tune to fifth frets like standard??
and same with d but 7th fret instead of 9th?
i hope i am right
just match the frets with the notes
make sure ur tuning the right strings and becareful not to break any
Quote by pucci6d6
yeah c and d standard
so i would just tune the e to the c, which means match the 9th fret on low e to the a string, then tune to fifth frets like standard??
and same with d but 7th fret instead of 9th?
i hope i am right

yes that is right
do wot i do... use an electronic tuner lol
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
i do it by ear with power tab. open the guitar menu, change the tuning to drop c (it's not in the tunnig dictionary so just pick 1 ste down then drop the lowest string) then play each note on power tab and tune each string to that. d and c standard are alreayd in the tuning dictionary, you might want some heavier strings if your tuning as low as c