Is there any big diffrence between having just a Master Tone instead of an individual tone control for each pickup?

Is having both by far and away the best idea?

I'd imagine that its more of a better I dea when it involves volume, as I can see how having an individual volume control and a master would be good, but am I just wrong?

Also, how much use would a potentiometer switcher be, so that you could switch between no, 250k, 500k, and 1m pots on each pickup? not much diffrence? Would this be any more useful then a capacitor switcher for the size that the tone knob uses? would they be useful in conjunction?

Thank you, and sorry for all of the questions.
Last edited by Last Breath at Oct 19, 2007,
personally, i dont think having two tone knobs is really necessary, but my SG has two. i use it sometimes when im playing clean stuff and trying to make is sound low. but i think one knob would get the job done. but most people i know dont even use the tone knob(s)
^ fools that they are
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I personally love having a volume and tone for each pickup and they are all set different. I feel I have way more control over the pickup and can get it in the "just right' setting. Plus I can have an all out distortion then at the flick of the toggle and a tap on my pedal I'd have great cleans. I somewhat dislike everything at 10 especially on a clean setting.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab