Page 1 of 2
I plan to get one tomorrow! so thats very soon. Now i have heard the putting the console Vertically increases the chances of a Red Ring of Death lol :bow I'm not a crazy gamer, only a hour or two every two or three days. what do you guys say, thanks!
LOL
it doesnt matter as long as u keep the holes uncovered, both positions allow just as many hole to be open. i keep mine vertical because i dont have enough space
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the air vents for the 360 are on the side, so wouldn't putting it vertically decrease the chances of it getting a red ring of death, versus putting it horizontally, which would block one air vent?
I keep mine vertical and nothing has happened to it yet, and ive had it for a year.
Hello
ya, keeping it vertical or horizontal doesnt matter that much, just dont switch between the 2 while ur playing a game. I did that once : ( my gears of war got effed up.
Quote by that_1_dude24
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the air vents for the 360 are on the side, so wouldn't putting it vertically decrease the chances of it getting a red ring of death, versus putting it horizontally, which would block one air vent?

Well, there are also vents on the vertical base, so either way you're blocking off vents.

I keep mine horizontal, because my 360 has a tendency to scratch disks when it's vertical.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Since so many people have the Red Ring of Death, I'm thinking of the 40Gb ps3. I'm really confused, the 360 Pro right now are giving two games. Forza and marvel, not bad but its the RROD I'm sacared
LOL
when i bought mine the guy at ebgames told me to have it horizontally because the one they had on display was verticle nd it broke
Quote by SiKh22
Since so many people have the Red Ring of Death, I'm thinking of the 40Gb ps3. I'm really confused, the 360 Pro right now are giving two games. Forza and marvel, not bad but its the RROD I'm sacared

40-gig PS3 is a pile of ass. It doesn't have memory card slots OR backwards compatability, meaning there are only a select few games you'll be able to play, all available on the insanely expensive Blu-Ray format.

The best part is, it costs the same as the Xbox 360 Elite - the best one you can buy. In short, the 40-gig PS3 (or any PS3 for that matter) is a waste of time and money.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by SiKh22

Just get the warranty, it will still cost way less than your ps3
It's fine to put it on its side, but for the love of god don't move it while a disc is in it. My brother knocked my console over while a game was in. Needless to say I'm down a game.
i think the red ring of death only affected the first wave of 360s
Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.
I've read quite a few stories of 360 owners being told by Xbox customer service staff that the 360 wasn't designed to stand vertically. It doesn't run properly when stood vertically.

Personally, I think that's a load of arse, because:

A) An Xbox employee would never be able to say that and get away with it.

B) At every Xbox event, their demo Xbox is always stood vertically.

However, if your 360 scratched disks when it's vertical (some do), then just lay it horizontally. It's not really a big deal.

Last edited by Smokey Amp at Oct 19, 2007,
I keep mine vertical, no problems here
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
well i dont plan to play PS2 games at all or need a memory card slot. if i can save on the system itself. i only plan to play COD4, thats it man.
LOL
Quote by speedylocs
both positions allow just as many hole to be open.

That's what she said

Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
I keep getting the red ring of death, especially after i have a tandoori. My arsehole is red raw and inflamed. Is this normal?
Quote by SiKh22
well i dont plan to play PS2 games at all or need a memory card slot. if i can save on the system itself. i only plan to play COD4, thats it man.

You might as well get the best 360 on the market, since it costs the same...
Quote by buckethead_jr
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
You might as well get the best 360 on the market, since it costs the same...

The thing is the RROD is what I'm worried about. I read on article that around 500K units have been returned to Microsoft to fix. Some one person is on their 3rd or 4th 360. But the 360 gives the better deal, headset, 2 free games. damn what a next gen world we live in
LOL
no, it doesn't. In fact its probably better to prevent the red rings of death by keeping it upright. The death rings happen because the system overheats and melts the solder in the computer parts. YOu keep it upright, it allows for better airflow, whereas if you lay it flat, it can overheat more.

It doesn't matter unless you bought one of the early ones. They fixed the problem now
Quote by SiKh22
The thing is the RROD is what I'm worried about. I read on article that around 500K units have been returned to Microsoft to fix. Some one person is on their 3rd or 4th 360. But the 360 gives the better deal, headset, 2 free games. damn what a next gen world we live in

I really think the problem has long since been fixed. Just make sure you get a unit built at least in the beginning of this year. There is a way to check on the box, the first four numbers indicate the date of manufacturing I believe. You'll have to look this up, I just remember this from the Xbox forums.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
People on the Gamespot fourms, some person bought his 360 just last month and bought the game orange box and it killed his 360. I'm not taking sides on the 360 or ps3, since i own none of them. I have only read and heard experiences from friends. Like Sony, always builds quality products.
LOL
Quote by SiKh22

That doesn't mean every 360 sold is going to get the rings of death, it was a high rate of about 30% but it's even less now, plus you get a three year warranty. Don't worry about it.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by clincher09
That doesn't mean every 360 sold is going to get the rings of death, it was a high rate of about 30% but it's even less now, plus you get a three year warranty. Don't worry about it.

the 3 year warranty charges you for shipping, only before 90 days of purchase is it free of charge for anything. Shipping can get expensive, weight, location of the place. but thank you for all your help guys.
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
the 3 year warranty charges you for shipping, only before 90 days of purchase is it free of charge for anything. Shipping can get expensive, weight, location of the place. but thank you for all your help guys.

Um, I don't know where you heard that because they shouldn't charge you shipping. They should send you a prepaid box if anything happens to the 360 within the 3 year period.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by SiKh22
People on the Gamespot fourms, some person bought his 360 just last month and bought the game orange box and it killed his 360. I'm not taking sides on the 360 or ps3, since i own none of them. I have only read and heard experiences from friends. Like Sony, always builds quality products.

Well, you'll hear more horror stories about the xbox because it has been out longer and has sold more units. Also, because it's been out longer, they've had more time to fix issues.
Quote by Maxx_Pouwer
Well, you'll hear more horror stories about the xbox because it has been out longer and has sold more units. Also, because it's been out longer, they've had more time to fix issues.

well the ps3 honestly hasn't had any problems. even the Wii has more with the controllers going crazy and not responding.
LOL
wait, is which on is vertical? is it this way?

|
|
|
|
|
|

or this way?

----------------------
Quote by venom0014

|
|
|
|
|
|

or this way?

----------------------

|
|
| up to down
LOL
Quote by venom0014

|
|
|
|
|
|

or this way?

----------------------

You wanna know how to remember it? Horizontal = Horizon. I'm good arn't I? Arn't I?
myspace.com/theunwantedjellybean <--- Add It!
Quote by SiKh22
well the ps3 honestly hasn't had any problems. even the Wii has more with the controllers going crazy and not responding.

That's because the PS3 has only been out for a short time, the other two have been out for at least a year, giving more time for problems etc. to emerge. You can't make judgements until the vast majority of PS3 buyers have used it intesively for at least year and encountered no problems.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Well, from what I've heard, a vertical standing 360 can damage discs and eventually damage the console.

The RoD, as far as I know is caused by overheating.
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
the red ring of death is a problem that is on the first gen 360 consoles, and was caused by a problem on the production line when not enough solder was used. the problem was sorted, im not sure when, but subsequent 360s dont have this problem. i'd def go 360. mine is at microsoft being repaired but i got mine on release date so its to be expected. and sony arent famous for building quality products. the first playstation was quite well put together, but sonys laptops are known for their dodgy build, and ive had quite a few sent to me at work to sort.
Quote by SiKh22

If your UK thats illegal, they haave to give free shipping to you. I think it's covered under the Distance Selling Regulations Act
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Quote by Hakke
I keep getting the red ring of death, especially after i have a tandoori. My arsehole is red raw and inflamed. Is this normal?

gtfo newfag
All Aboard The Phail Boat

Quote by fatwanker
I find you calling me a fat wanker offensive

Quote by gallagher2006
I thought this was gonna be a "I didn't mean to get my sister pregnant! Is she just overreacting after I raped her?" thread
Quote by -February-Star-
40-gig PS3 is a pile of ass. It doesn't have memory card slots OR backwards compatability, meaning there are only a select few games you'll be able to play, all available on the insanely expensive Blu-Ray format.

The best part is, it costs the same as the Xbox 360 Elite - the best one you can buy. In short, the 40-gig PS3 (or any PS3 for that matter) is a waste of time and money.

In short, shut up.

He'll buy it if he wants.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Oo Dec oO
gtfo newfag

Get out, 4chan boy.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']In short, shut up.

He'll buy it if he wants.

Sure, he'll buy it if he wants, but February Star was just giving his opinion of the 40GB PS3.

I agree with him, it is indeed a pile of waste. No backwards compatibility and a serious lack of software doesn't make for a very desirable system.

Page 1 of 2