Page 1 of 4
Good. Why shouldn't it be taxed? It's 20 cents (about) for an album, it's hardly going to drive people to illegal downloads or bankrupt you to buy music you like.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Lame.

Anyone seen that Boob-Cushion link there?
Crazy people.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by jasonmetal love
Just presents more of a reason for people to steal music.

20 cents? If you can afford broadband, you can afford 20 cents an album you cheap wanker.

Anyone who steals music because of this is officially a tramp and should be treated as such. Their house should be taken away, they should be banned from taking a shower and people should kick them as they walk past in the street.

And if you beg for money, everyone must say this in response:

"I'm sorry, I'd give you 20 cents but if I do that I'd have to illegally download music instead of legally download because I wouldn't be able to afford AN EXTRA TWENTY CENTS AN ALBUM!"

Fucking dickheads.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Good. Why shouldn't it be taxed? It's 20 cents (about) for an album, it's hardly going to drive people to illegal downloads or bankrupt you to buy music you like.

Seriously.

Any how many of you legally buy your music online?

*hay rolls by*
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by dfc_jebus
id rather pay 25 cents,

its harder to find two dimes than one quarter.

UGH YOU FAG THEY WANT 20 CENTS, NOT 25!!!!!!!!
SO GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UGH CANADA IS GAY!!!!!
BUT DUE TO THE FACT AMERICA HAS A HIGHER POPULATION THEY ARE BOUND TO HAVE MORE GAYS AND THUS MEANING THEY ARE THE GAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**** SO MUCH GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SO GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by Meths
20 cents? If you can afford broadband, you can afford 20 cents an album you cheap wanker.

Anyone who steals music because of this is officially a tramp and should be treated as such. Their house should be taken away, they should be banned from taking a shower and people should kick them as they walk past in the street.

"I'm sorry, I'd give you 20 cents but if I do that I'd have to illegally download music instead of legally download because I wouldn't be able to afford AN EXTRA TWENTY CENTS AN ALBUM!"

Fucking dickheads.

I agree with you on this, an extra 20 cents won't really make much of a difference.
Edit:
Quote by rickyy
UGH YOU FAG THEY WANT 20 CENTS, NOT 25!!!!!!!!
SO GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UGH CANADA IS GAY!!!!!
BUT DUE TO THE FACT AMERICA HAS A HIGHER POPULATION THEY ARE BOUND TO HAVE MORE GAYS AND THUS MEANING THEY ARE THE GAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**** SO MUCH GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SO GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=\
Forget to take your pills?
Last edited by that_1_dude24 at Oct 19, 2007,
Ok, I woudl just continue to download ILLEGALY.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by RedDeath9
Meh, I don't download music from iTunes and stuff anyway...

Well, music from iTunes can't be put on to any MP3 players besides iPods anyway, right? That's the only reason I don't use it more often.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by MedicreDemon

Why put it in caps? Are you boasting about being a thief? Do you think ripping off artists is somehow a cool thing to do? Do you think we're impressed by you being such a badass?

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths

Fucking dickheads.

I didn't say it would make ME to download illegally...
Quote by jasonmetal love
I didn't say it would make ME to download illegally...

It was a general rant against anyone who would, not you specifically.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Why put it in caps? Are you boasting about being a thief? Do you think ripping off artists is somehow a cool thing to do? Do you think we're impressed by you being such a badass?

pwned.
Quote by rickyy
Seriously.

Any how many of you legally buy your music online?

*hay rolls by*

*Half-way holds hand up* I use a subscription service.
Quote by MedicreDemon

except that it isn't illegal to download media (from torrents, P2P, or however else you get it from the internet) in Canada. So you are still downloading legally if you are in Canada.

I download the songs from bands that I don't want to buy whole albums for, or if I was told to check them out, otherwise I like having a CD.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by Meths

Wtf lol? no. Do you think people are impressed by you insulting me?

I used caps to show the context I'm saying it in.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Wtf lol? no. Do you think people are impressed by you insulting me?

I used caps to show the context I'm saying it in.

How does using capitals show the context of what you're saying? Do you know what "context" even means?

Oscar Wilde
I'll stick to my tax free illegal downloads thank you very much
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by lemon
I'll stick to my tax free illegal downloads thank you very much

Wanker.

So is everyone else who's said something like this.

Oscar Wilde
I don't see why anyone still pays for music. Anything you want can be found for free via bit torrent.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Quote by Meths
Wanker.

Oh piss off don't act like you're better just because you buy albums
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by dfc_jebus
id rather pay 25 cents,

its harder to find two dimes than one quarter.

not necessarily, being as more people pick up quarters than dimes
Wow. So their idea of counteracting the effects of piracy is to make the legal product more expensive. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Meths, although your views are obviously very strong, I'd advise you not to go calling everyone wankers and such, unless you want banninating.

Anyway. It's much more complex than just downloading = bad, buying = good. You can still support your band by buying their merchandise and going to their shows. This is my policy. And do you know why? Because only a tiny percent of record sale money goes to the band. Therefore you are probably supporting them better by buying their merch.

Example: Even though I downloaded their music illegaly, Metallica have probably still made a good £80 to £120 profit from me. I'm hardly stealing the roof over their heads, am I?

The industry is changing. I believe one day the music will just all be free, there will be no traditional record companies, and bands main income will be from gigs, endorsements, merchandise and the like.

Painting it as black and white "downloading music = you are the scum of the earth" is frankly just ignorant.
Last edited by Vermintide at Oct 20, 2007,
Quote by Meths
Wanker.

Not everyone can afford to pay for an album. If all of us stuck to buying our music I wouldn't have a single song on my playlist that I like anymore.

And

context

noun
1. discourse that surrounds a language unit and helps to determine its interpretation
We (Americans) can't really talk about what sucks...the Loon is finally worth more than the almighty Dollar

There's still Yen and Pesos!
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Page 1 of 4