i have a randall rx120dhs.. its a 4x12 half stack.... for christmas i want a guitar that comes with 2 emg pickups...will the pickups sound crappy with my amp since its a solid state or do they only sound bad with smaller solid states (like 10 watt starter amps and stuff)...im really worried about this because i just got this amp, and love this guitar and dont want to change the pickups.... thanks all
I've tried guitars with EMG's through SS amps and it sounds ok, but I prefer the sound of them through tube amps.

Which guitar are you looking at?
i play with a fender frontman25R, a Boss mega-distortion, and an epiphone zakk wylde. i have the best tone in my school for distortion. no joke.
well tube amps sound better period, regardless of pickups.... but does emgs with solid states sound horrible or something because ive heard ppl talk about it
i heard u get lots of crappy feedback fuzz noise.... but i thought that might only to apply to emgs with starter amps..not sure.. it worried me so i posted this.... am i worried over nothing?
With active pickups and a solid state amp, your sound will be more sterile than a nuclear scientist with a vasectomy. Probably mass gain though.
Quote by LandOfConfusion
i play with a fender frontman25R, a Boss mega-distortion, and an epiphone zakk wylde. i have the best tone in my school for distortion. no joke.

Does everyone else plug into their butthole and sing the notes?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by LandOfConfusion

Either you have NO ear for tone, or nobody at your school plays guitar.

Also, the Epi ZW has passive EMG-HZ's.
Quote by LandOfConfusion
That sounds awful.

Fender Frontman
EMG Passives
OD Pedal

I bet its baaaaaad.
emg has the tone of a trash can...it doesnt sound good through any amp
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
This may sound totally and completely off the wall... but go to a guitar shop and try an EMG-equipped guitar through a solid state amplifier... preferrably a Randall of the same variety... and see how it sounds...
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
My EMG81/85 set sounds pretty nice through my SS amp. Better then the stock pickups did.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by bi-ah!
emg has the tone of a trash can...it doesnt sound good through any amp

You sir, are SO wrong.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
It's gonna be like.. hyper-digital.

But you'll probably get ass-raping gain.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by kirkhammett09
i heard u get lots of crappy feedback fuzz noise.... but i thought that might only to apply to emgs with starter amps..not sure.. it worried me so i posted this.... am i worried over nothing?

EMG's are the quietest pickups I have ever played on. they aren't THE quietest, because some pickups are made specifically for that, but the are practically dead silent. and sound like, ****ing sweet