I'm just wondering 'cause I dress like a chav, kinda act like one and I play the guitar.
i guess you just answered your own question then
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Nope, Turn in your guitar and amp at the next window, thankyou.

Style doesn't matter.
You have to pay a hefty fine if you get caught, so be discrete about it.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Shame I dont have my diagram...

...you see, chavs all contain special hormones which are applied to the body via skin contact with tracksuits when worn for a week or more. These hormones leave the infected unable to move fingers thustly, and therefore unable to play guitar.

Social class doesnt matter, of course you can you tool
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/velvetrevolver/ Join if you love Velvet Revolver!

Quote by Retro Rocker
Quote by Liberation
She looks like she'd belong in Motley Crue.
They also looked pretty hot back in the day.
I'm a guy, but I'd still bang Nikki.
Quote by RageAgainst...
i guess you just answered your own question then

QFT and for stealing what i was gunna say.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
I can imagine you going "Oh yo what's up muh N**gaz, dis (insert name here) fo' Ibanez guitarz" *John Petrucci shred wankery* holla at meh!!
Quote by Guitar_Dan_666
QFT and for stealing what i was gunna say.
your avatar is my desktop background right now
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by kiennM
what the **** is a chav?

someone must sig that
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
At the recent gig at my college, a guy who looked like a chav was an incredible guitarist. Full respect to him.

Also, another who looked like a chav had a great sceamo voice. It really doesn't matter.
Quote by ShaunFrusciante

someone must sig that
i'm sure he's just from the US where the term is non-existent

i had never heard it until i came on here either
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Wow, a 'chav' that actually knows how to hyphenate dialectal abbreviations; that's incredible.

Since you're here, I have a few questons:

1) Why are you all such a set of pricks?
2) How is standing on a dark field drinking cider enjoyable?
3) Why do you feel the need to make a comment to every single person who walks past you?
4) Where's the virility in kicking a single, downed man with seven of your "mates"?

I don't mean to offend you and you don't have to answer those questions, but I'd like to think you will.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Ask Fred Durst.....

Don't.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Yeah i'm from the us...i dunno never heard it before...
Quote by Smokey Amp
Wow, a 'chav' that actually knows how to hyphenate dialectal abbreviations; that's incredible.

Since you're here, I have a few questons:

1) Why are you all such a set of pricks?
2) How is standing on a dark field drinking cider enjoyable?
3) Why do you feel the need to make a comment to every single person who walks past you?
4) Where's the virility in kicking a single, downed man with seven of your "mates"?

I don't mean to offend you and you don't have to answer those questions, but I'd like to think you will.

We want answers!
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by kiennM
Yeah i'm from the us...i dunno never heard it before...

those are chavs
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by RageAgainst...

those are chavs

yes indeed, they are chavs on ecstasy
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
That's so illegal!

Chavs ruin the world.

And now they're trying to ruin the guitar = my world... NO WAY!
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
so would a chav be like the equivalent of an Italian, geld spiky haired, asshole, metrosexuals of america? or like a wigger?
Quote by kiennM
so would a chav be like the equivalent of an Italian, geld spiky haired, asshole, metrosexuals of america? or like a wigger?

im pretty sure the equivalent of our wiggers

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kiennM

None of the above. Chavs don't exist in America. You could relate them to any of your exclusive stereotypes, but they still wouldn't be anything like an actual English chav.

Quote by kiennM

None of the above.

"None of the above. Chavs don't exist in America. You could relate them to any of your exclusive stereotypes, but they still wouldn't be anything like an actual English chav."

Wow i didn't even know you said that, and i was gonna go on to say something on the lines you just said.
Quote by RageAgainst...

those are chavs

The americans are catching on, they know how to distinguish foreign social groups. Good going rage Against...truthiness. *clap clap*
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Vince Noir

That site is perfect, it has all ideas and info I was going to put up on the world wide interweb.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Ireland have had kind of ''chavs'' long before it became so popular in Britain.

We call them knackers or shams and they're much worse then chavs.
Quote by Surfer Rosa

Well chav's have been in England for alot longer than people have been saying, but they were just called yobs.
Is this where the idea of Ali G comes from? Always thought that movie kinda sucked but maybe i just didn't get it. I dunno i can't see anyone but Americans being hip hop, it doesn't cross over well.
Quote by kiennM
Is this where the idea of Ali G comes from? Always thought that movie kinda sucked but maybe i just didn't get it. I dunno i can't see anyone but Americans being hip hop, it doesn't cross over well.

Ali G isn't a chav, he's just what I believe Americans would call a 'Wigger'. The movie sucked, but his TV show was pretty decent.

Of course you can. Playing guitar doesn't put you in a coveted position in which you have to be a cetain label like a metalhead or punk.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Surfer Rosa

We had them before they were cool!

Knackers are totally different to chavs, but you're right, they are more dangerous.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.