Page 1 of 2
So I decided on building a Pedalboard in tech class for a project.

I'll be starting in a few weeks. This isn't some half-assed chicken shit plywood P.O.S.

I'm going to make it out of ash in the style of pedaltrain boards.

I'll update with pics and such as I progress.

Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Nov 8, 2007,
It did the same for tech. and mine had lights and stuff, pretty amazing!
Looking for a new sig!
Some half-assed progress!

Proposal

Bill of Materials (CHEAP!)

Almost done orthographic drawing

Now I need to pay for the wood and I can get started on actually building.
your handwritting looks like your 6 hahahahah
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by hoondog
your handwritting looks like your 6 hahahahah

Thanks for that comment, it added so much to the thread
It's manly to have a childish handwritin'
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
yeah i apologize. that kind of stuff is why i get banned, but sometimes i just cant help it, its all good.

but seriously, the drawings are hard for me to read, but definately make good use of the underneath side of the pedal boar as far as hiding power sources and running power cables and stuff. I hate when all that stuff takes up space on the top and cables everywhere is a mess.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by hoondog
yeah i apologize. that kind of stuff is why i get banned, but sometimes i just cant help it, its all good.

but seriously, the drawings are hard for me to read, but definately make good use of the underneath side of the pedal boar as far as hiding power sources and running power cables and stuff. I hate when all that stuff takes up space on the top and cables everywhere is a mess.

Ya, I really need a better camera I'm just using the crummy camera on my phone for these pics.
Update: Bought the wood, cut it up:

Oh, also:

Some piece of Ash I found in the scrap pile, that is the exact dimensions of one of the pieces I needed
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Nov 15, 2007,
Update: Got a lot of work done today. I finished dressing the wood, I planed it to 3/4" thickness, and I cut all the pieces to proper length and width.

Monday: I'm going to biscuit and glue everything together.
are you going to have some sort of support on the bottom so it is a complete triangle shape? Otherwise if you stand on it to hard the top and back could separate.
Quote by zw44
are you going to have some sort of support on the bottom so it is a complete triangle shape? Otherwise if you stand on it to hard the top and back could separate.

I'm putting in 4 biscuits and gluing it, it really shouldn't.
I didn't get much work done today, due to lack of glue...

I just cut the angled elevating piece for the back.

Hopefully we'll have some glue tomorrow and I can get this **** together!
Hey, what's wrong with plywood?
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
looking good, but what pedals are you putting on it?
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
Quote by rhcpwhitey
looking good, but what pedals are you putting on it?

Dunlop 535Q - Digitech Whammy - Boss DS-1 - BYOC Delay
cool, but why not use a rectangular piece of plywood, theres nothing wrong with that. Then again i used particle board, but mine is in the way of a briefcase and came out looking awesome.
The advantage of this design is that you can hide all your leads and tie em down under the slats. Looks load better IMO than just a board. Suppose if you've only got 3-4 pedals a piece of ply would be cool but if its more complicated, this would be better
^ this man speaks the trut!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
lookin good. i think a cool addition would be to put a peice on the bottom the same deminsions as the length and width of the top outter edge. that way the wires will be hidden. r u gonna carpet it at all?
Quote by kurtlives91
Looks good.

Are you going to paint it or finish it?

Yup, I'm going to finish it in Tung Oil
sw00t!

I put the last coat of Tung-Oil on today, and she's done!

Yes, this will be sufficient

Now I just need to put some velcro on, but that will come later.
noice!

looks good. awesome size. (not oversized like mine)

why tung oil though? did i ask this already? no lacquer?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
noice!

looks good. awesome size. (not oversized like mine)

why tung oil though? did i ask this already? no lacquer?

To lacquer it to my teachers standards would have taken a month, so it wasn't an option
ha.. nice job. the guy from Villa vina last night used a board just like this.. it was awesome. he never missed his electronics and stuff and his setup took less then a minute due to the fact that he had his wires all run and then he also had all his stuff ready to be plugged in so i think this will serve you well!

good luck! let us know how it turns out after your first gig with it!
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Quote by SchecterFreak
ha.. nice job. the guy from Villa vina last night used a board just like this.. it was awesome. he never missed his electronics and stuff and his setup took less then a minute due to the fact that he had his wires all run and then he also had all his stuff ready to be plugged in so i think this will serve you well!

good luck! let us know how it turns out after your first gig with it!

Lol, I'm not even in a band
well fix that!... and then tell us... lol

just a question... how many pedals do you plan on putting on there? and what are they?
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by SchecterFreak
well fix that!... and then tell us... lol

just a question... how many pedals do you plan on putting on there? and what are they?

Just 4 for now. In order: Dunlop 535Q wah > Digitech Whammy > Boss DS-1 > BYOC Delay
Since I just got a Digital Camera (PowerShot A570 IS), I thought I would post a few pics:

As you can see, A few of the joints didn't come together seamlessly, but good enough (I used biscuits)
why the wah before whammy?

i always have my whammy before it, just easier to move my foot to there for some reason...
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings