I am currently refinishing a 5 string bass body i got for real cheap, a nice piece of mahogany... and it has the routing for pickups, and holes for the knobs and everything... but no holes or way of attaching the bridge to the bass... now i have looked around Google and ultimateguitar.com and whatnot and i cannot get a REAL answer on how to install a bridge on a bass... so i bring that question here, cause i have seen quite a few of you guys out there who seem to know what you are doing... so... i have a 24 fret neck that is going on it... i currently don't have the scale of the neck on hand... its out in my garage... so I'll check into that if that is information you need... but how do you go about installing a bridge on a bass... how do you measure and whatnot... because i know it makes a difference on guitars... so i'd assume it would on a bass... so any information is great... oh by the way... i am looking to put a hipshot 5 string bass bridge on it...
Guitars
Epiphone LP Standard
Gibson L-6S
Amplifiers
Randall RH200 G2 Series
Legion 2x12 Cab
B-52 LG-100A For Sale
Pedal Board
Boss NS-2
Boss Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
MXR Zakk Wylde O-D
Boss MT-2 For Sale
Boss Eq For Sale
Do you have any pictures of the body?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Ippon

Word... thanks bro... and as far as pictures... i sadly do not have a camera... other wise i'd do it up
Guitars
Epiphone LP Standard
Gibson L-6S
Amplifiers
Randall RH200 G2 Series
Legion 2x12 Cab
B-52 LG-100A For Sale
Pedal Board
Boss NS-2
Boss Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
MXR Zakk Wylde O-D
Boss MT-2 For Sale
Boss Eq For Sale
well... that helps quite a bit... thanks alot!
Guitars
Epiphone LP Standard
Gibson L-6S
Amplifiers
Randall RH200 G2 Series
Legion 2x12 Cab
B-52 LG-100A For Sale
Pedal Board
Boss NS-2
Boss Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
MXR Zakk Wylde O-D
Boss MT-2 For Sale
Boss Eq For Sale
Long story short, the 12th fret should be the midpoint between saddles and nut. The distance from the nut to 12 and 12 to bridge should be the same number. Just make sure you have a little room to adjust the saddles as necessary, since you WILL need to fix the intonation/action
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
yeah i know the intonation and action will have ot be adjusted... but i wasnt exactly sure where to put the bridge... i mean i coulda sworn it was supposed to be placed as stated... but i wasnt 100% sure... also what do you mean by a little room? cause on the calculator it said to measure from the nut to the back line of screws for the bass bridge... and then place it
Guitars
Epiphone LP Standard
Gibson L-6S
Amplifiers
Randall RH200 G2 Series
Legion 2x12 Cab
B-52 LG-100A For Sale
Pedal Board
Boss NS-2
Boss Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
MXR Zakk Wylde O-D
Boss MT-2 For Sale
Boss Eq For Sale
and the other thing is... why would you measure to the back screws... the strings in the hipshot 5 string go back further than the screws do... also the saddle sits closer to the fretboard than the screws... that doesnt seem 100% right... granted its stewart mcdonald... and they have never steered me wrong...
Guitars
Epiphone LP Standard
Gibson L-6S
Amplifiers
Randall RH200 G2 Series
Legion 2x12 Cab
B-52 LG-100A For Sale
Pedal Board
Boss NS-2
Boss Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
MXR Zakk Wylde O-D