Page 1 of 2
Toyota has some of the most fuel efficient cars on the market (although usually not quite as efficient as they say they are). If they oppose this legislation, it's probably because of other conditions included in the bill that that web site doesn't tell you about.
No they didn't, the points that the website you just linked is raising 'Toyota opposes legislation that would...' goes for pretty much every major car company, it's not just Toyota, and as if that website is going to make them change thier mind.
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
its too bad that toyota puts out some of the most reliable vehicles on the market, maybe if someone else stepped up I wouldn't buy from toyota
I just read that whole article and they never explained why they called the new models unreliable... and its not like any manufacturer has never put out a bad model. just look at the pinto... it ****ing exploded when it got rear ended.

edit: why are you so anti-toyota anyway? because of the article you read?
I hate bloggers, they're biased assholes.

The Toyota Tundra owns though, I love it. I'll destroy the environment all I want, I'll probably be dead by the time anything happens.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total

The Toyota Tundra owns though, I love it. I'll destroy the environment all I want, I'll probably be dead by the time anything happens.

Yeah, there are usually more details to those statements than are ever mentioned.

Now, reliability. Toyota is notorious for rust problems, namely that the body rusts off before the car stops running. 300+k is very common.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by Colgate Total

The Tundra is a POS.

Its having tranny failures all over the place.
Quote by FRDesign
The Tundra is a POS.

Its having tranny failures all over the place.

I've had mine for years and nothing has happened, learn to drive, you woman.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Forget Toyota, I'll take ten H2's, please.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Colgate Total

myspace.com/theunwantedjellybean <--- Add It!
yeah, but have you seen the commercials for the new tundra.... badass
Quote by Colgate Total

touché toyota sr5 pickups are like, indestructible.
....are you one of those I drive a chevy/ford/dodge and all foreign cars are shit? If you are I really dont care what you think now. Toyota's are reliable as all hell and you can't deny that..and who cares about how bad it is for the enviornment. Look at diesel trucks blowing black smoke out of the pipes? thats not too good is it?

watch this..and tell me thats not reliability..its pretty entertaining anyways.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM

and why are you so anti-toyota?
They seem to be great and reliable to me from personal experience.

My neighbor has two Toyota pickups, an '86 and '89 i don't know what. He's had them forever and they still run great.

My mom has a 2000 4 Runner. Still runs great, has hardly needed any work.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Well...I'd like to see your camaro's, corvette's, mustangs, american trucks at 350,000 miles..My friends toyota has that and still runs fine..my other friends honda accord has 320,000.

I dont mind american cars, I prefer foreign cars but dont make threads about how crappy a certain company is..

I take it your a very one sided person about cars.
Quote by AthenasGhost
touché toyota sr5 pickups are like, indestructible.

They ARE indestructible. There is no "like".
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
They ARE indestructible. There is no "like".
SR5 isn't even a Truck...

Its a trim model. And Those were the 80s Toyotas.

Im talkin about brand new ones.
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
....are you one of those I drive a chevy/ford/dodge and all foreign cars are shit? If you are I really dont care what you think now. Toyota's are reliable as all hell and you can't deny that..and who cares about how bad it is for the enviornment. Look at diesel trucks blowing black smoke out of the pipes? thats not too good is it?

watch this..and tell me thats not reliability..its pretty entertaining anyways.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM

and why are you so anti-toyota?

Actually diesels are more efficient and cleaner than their gas counterparts. Not to mention that they can run off of anything that burns.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by AngusX
Actually diesels are more efficient and cleaner than their gas counterparts. Not to mention that they can run off of anything that burns.

I dont know a ton about diesels, haha, It all screws up the enviornment foreign or not.
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
Well...I'd like to see your camaro's, corvette's, mustangs, american trucks at 350,000 miles..My friends toyota has that and still runs fine..my other friends honda accord has 320,000.

I dont mind american cars, I prefer foreign cars but dont make threads about how crappy a certain company is..

I take it your a very one sided person about cars.

Umm... there are thousands of American trucks at 300k+, without a problem. Lots of Camaros/Stangs/Corvettes make it to 150-200k, despite being driven to death. People never seem to realize that most vehicles are capable of 300k, it all matters how they are driven. You could kill a Honda Civic by 10k miles. At the same time you could drive a Ferrari to 400k. However, those are both unrealistic. Durability is really a measure of driver habit (with the exception of catastrophic unpreventable fault, such as the cam sprockets on Ford SHO's).
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
I dont know a ton about diesels, haha, It all screws up the enviornment foreign or not.

Take my word then, cars are kinda my thing. I really like that last quote, that's the most rational thought I've heard on the matter, ever.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Yeah..I know I'm saying foreign cars aren't completely bad..they are damn reliable. I have a few friends with american cars with a lot of miles on them..but singling out a random manufacturer and saying that isn't so cool. A lot of people hate foreign cars..it annoys me.

So many people in my school are so against foreign cars..I'm sick of it, I'm kinda a car guy I know a fair bit to make me not seem stupid. I just like driving my little 5speed around.
Hah, the new Tundra is ridiculous. It just proves that morons will buy anything to feel safe (and masculine), just so they don't have to worry about driving responsibly. I still haven't figured out why Toyota never made the new Tundras diesel instead of gasoline. At least then you could run it on bio-diesel and get some decent gas mileage.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Drive a 4Runner? I know mine barely got 15.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by AngusX
Drive a 4Runner? I know mine barely got 15.

nope.. 86 xtra cab, solid axle.. 35s.. good stuff.
i'll never buy a toyota because i'd be supporting ad campaigns that have HORRID music.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Diesels can run on gasoline, injection just has to be delayed until after TDC to prevent knock. Now, it will obviously not be the choice fuel, as power is lost, and gasoline may not corrode seals. See, even a diesel engine can get gas mileage.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by Mr.Slave
nope.. 86 xtra cab, solid axle.. 35s.. good stuff.

Runnin' 35s? No wonder!!! You re-geared?
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Page 1 of 2