yea, i need to lose some weight haha. well a lot actually... what would be a good way like 10 pounds a week.. i'm willing to try anything.. thanks ug
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
There are a couple of these threads, search for bodybuilding or body modification and you'll find a big thread.
^ truth

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Holy crap 10 pounds a week? Stop eating entirely. (note sarcasm, don't actually do this.)
i'm not worried about my health I NEED to lose a lot of weight fast.
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Last edited by Wheel at Oct 19, 2007,
Attempting to lose ten pounds a week is HORRIBLE for your body.

Only eat when your hungry, if your not hungry, and want to eat, drink water instead.
Eat foods like celery as much as possible, they are filling and literally 0 calorie. Eat low-calorie foods, and never pick up a twinkie or icecream again. Make the only fluid that goes into your body water. Do cardio excersizes like running and jump-roping in the morning (burns calories), and lift weights some too (muscle mass burns calories)

That will take weight off pretty quick. That's how I got rid of all my excess fat. However, pretty much the only way to lose that much in that short of time is to not eat at all. And please, for the love of God, don't do that.
If you're trying to just make it into a lower weight class in a sport(i.e. boxing) I believe you can just sweat it off
A pound of fat contains 3500 calories. If you ate nothing and exercised a LOT, you might be able to burn 35,000 calories a week, but you'll much more likely end up in the hospital on day 4.
Trust me dude, it's not worth the health risks. Even if you do Blaster Bob's strategy, you'll gain all the weight back in the hospital bed that you'll be in for a month.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Pedalboard
Trust me dude, it's not worth the health risks. Even if you do Blaster Bob's strategy, you'll gain all the weight back in the hospital bed that you'll be in for a month.

My point exactly.
It's fucking simple

Eat less
Exercise more

That's all there is to it
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
...k whats a good plan and a good amount to lose in a week?
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Do barrel rolls, 8,000 a day should do it. And only eat icy hot.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Quote by Ringtone
Attempting to lose ten pounds a week is HORRIBLE for your body.

Only eat when your hungry, if your not hungry, and want to eat, drink water instead.
Eat foods like celery as much as possible, they are filling and literally 0 calorie. Eat low-calorie foods, and never pick up a twinkie or icecream again. Make the only fluid that goes into your body water. Do cardio excersizes like running and jump-roping in the morning (burns calories), and lift weights some too (muscle mass burns calories)

That will take weight off pretty quick. That's how I got rid of all my excess fat. However, pretty much the only way to lose that much in that short of time is to not eat at all. And please, for the love of God, don't do that.

Hey, what is so bad about it? I did it, all I did was cut out sweets and run 2 miles a day. Of course, the real reason I'm not ultra thin is I eat like 6000+ calories a day. The feasibility depends on your body.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by TOAOIsaac

I will never underestimate the pit again!!!

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
wow, i'm surprised at all the idiots here, the only way to lose weight is to exercise and diet. posting a thread negates the idea of losing weight

moral of the story? if you don't hav anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by Blaster Bob
A pound of fat contains 3500 calories. If you ate nothing and exercised a LOT, you might be able to burn 35,000 calories a week, but you'll much more likely end up in the hospital on day 4.

However, things aren't always as they seem. Most people eat over 3500 calories a day. Common 4500-5000 is more common. You could cut out 2000-3000 calories and run to boost you metabolism a few hundred. It is totally possible, the real health concern comes in keeping off the weight, the faster you lose weight, the faster you gain it back.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by Phorgot
wow, i'm surprised at all the idiots here, the only way to lose weight is to exercise and diet. posting a thread negates the idea of losing weight

moral of the story? if you don't hav anything nice to say, say it on the internet.

You misspelled "Have", moran.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

well what should I not eat and what form of exercise would be best if i wanna lose 45-50 pounds in total. i'm 5'9 195 pounds for those who wanna know.
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Quote by TOAOIsaac

haha

that's how memes should be used

but seriously, not hungry, dont eat. workout as much as possible.
you are trying to lose 25% of your body weight in a little over a month? its not like you are 200 pounds overweight like the people on the biggest loser and the weight will come off quick. If you stuck to a good diet and exercise program you might lose a big chunk fast but you prolly wont lose more than 1-2 pounds a week consistently. You need to start lifting weights, eating roughly 2000 calories a day, and accepting that you will be hungry sometimes. If you want to lose weight you need to burn more calories during the day than you take in. No more snacks soda or anything thats bad for you. You dont go on a diet you need to change your lifestyle if you want to undo the weight you have put on over the past years. Just read what this dude did.

http://johnstonefitness.com/all/front/m.php

http://www.davedraper.com/weight-loss.html

http://www.davedraper.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/77/
I think there are better places than the pit for info on losing weight.

Ask a doctor
Statistics can be used to prove anything.

14% of people know that.
Quote by r311dude
I think there are better places than the pit for info on losing weight.

Ask a doctor

Yeh but the doctor would advise him against any form of diet which would result in losing alot of weight in a very short period of time, he doesn't want a healthy solution he wants crazy scheme so he can do damage to his body in order to impress a lady (i assume)
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Quote by deadkenedy
Yeh but the doctor would advise him against any form of diet which would result in losing alot of weight in a very short period of time, he doesn't want a healthy solution he wants crazy scheme so he can do damage to his body in order to impress a lady (i assume)

like a pyramid scheme made for weight loss

just give me 400 dollars and I'll make it happen
Statistics can be used to prove anything.

14% of people know that.
For me, I went from 215 to 170 pounds over half of the fall and all the winter of last year.
First off, find a good diet. I liked to eat cereal (something high in fiber, Kashi GoLean is excellent), and fruit for breakfast. Then, for lunch, i'd make a tuna sandwhich, mixing a can of drained tuna, mustard, light miracle whip, and habenero sauce (the secret ingredient is the hot sauce), with a handful of lettuce and slapped between some whole grain bread. This will make you feel stuffed, even though you've only eaten about 500 calories. For dinner, i'd have some kind of pasta, mixed in with a bit of spaghetti sauce with a splash of tabasco.
During the day, especially during the first days of the diet, you'll feel hungry between meals.
I would recommend drinking a cup of green tea (Or a tea called Yerba Mate is better) between (and during) meals. It speeds up your metabolism, supresses hunger, and is all around good for you.

Next, find a good workout plan.
With my diet, I didn't work out as much as other people would recommend. I'd walk on a treadmill with alot of incline at about 4 MPH for about half an hour to an hour a day.
I would of done situps, but my left rib is screwed up and pokes my abs if I do a situp.

Do that, and chances are, you'll lose weight, pretty fast too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator