When I play my GSA60 and my S470, the GSA60 feels so much better. The neck is more comfortable, the body feels sturdier, the frets are lower and smaller for smoother playing, little fret buzz, low action, and it just plays so nicely.

The only problem is that in my search for a new guitar, they all seem to have Jumbo, Super Jumbo, OMGWTF Jumbo, or something else like that.

Why can't I find a good (medium fret, decent sized, smooth playing, low action) guitar? I've been looking in the $400-600 range, and all i've come up with is a $400 Fat Strat since it has medium jumbo.
Then why not just go with the SA series guitars? They all have Medium frets. The SZ's also a good choice if you want a fixed bridge (usually string-thru) and the same kind of frets/neck.
The SZ are really small in terms of the length of the body (it's like one foot long horns to bridge-end).

The SA's are nice, but i've heard bad things about the SAS36FM's electronics, and that the bridge bucker isn't that strong since it's a poorly done coil split bucker.
Quote by natetagnar
I myself have a B.C. rich mocking bird masterpiece model with bolt on neck. and it exactly what you are saying you need. Its just an awsome guitar.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Masterpiece-Mockingbird-Electric-Guitar-512694-i1173791.gc?full_sku=512694.009&urx=1
that right thier i have the black one but check it out might be exactly what you want.
But that has jumbo frets, "self-made" pickups, an agathis body, and no type of trem (Vintage strat style would be nice).
Very well...those are valid reasons. Then again, the electronics on the GSA aren't stopping you are they?
The GSA is a little noisy and it isnt very powerful. It lacks that punch you know?

My S does sound better through my amp, but in terms of playability my GSA trounces it. I just like a smooth neck, not giant wall-like frets trying to **** me up

Right now my two options...

- SAS36FM with a new Dimarzio humbucker (about $600 total, maybe a little more)
- Fender Standard Fat Strat for $400 and maybe some new pickups like a Super Distortion and an Air Norton S in the neck.
Is it possible to play both of them? Their necks feel quite different IMO. The SAS seems like the best idea...though you can try this one for a little less money and fit your budget. It should remind you of something...
Quote by TJM2482
The SZ are really small in terms of the length of the body (it's like one foot long horns to bridge-end).
Huh. The shapes of the SA and SZ are virtually identical. The SZ scale is only a quarter of an inch shorter.

Quote by TJM2482
The SA's are nice, but i've heard bad things about the SAS36FM's electronics, and that the bridge bucker isn't that strong since it's a poorly done coil split bucker.
Yeah, and to some people, anything with less raw output than a Duncan Invader is not that strong. Try it for yourself, if the SA duo-sound technology is anything like what Ibanez used in the 80's Roadstars, then it's just fucking great. Bad things about electronics? Like what?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Don't flame me or anything but the Petrucci OLP Sig looks really good for the money and with some upgrades it would probably be better than an upgraded standard strat.
You could, but it's probably not worth it. You should really try the strat (sounds about right, it's more 'vintage'- slightly larger neck and smaller frets) or a G & L.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
the mockingbird does not have jumbo frets they are about the same or a little smaller compared to a strat. i have played loads of guitars at guitar center for hours it doesnt have jumbo frets it has a stained top and a different stained bottum and white/cream trim on the front edge. i would have 2 say go play 1 and look. and it sounds just awsome. and i really dont do tremelos i do over the nut bends and lots of bends.
Last edited by natetagnar at Oct 20, 2007,