Alright, So I have about 1200$ saved up, and I'm ready to spend it on a really nice 6 string acoustic guitar, I just started looking around...I need something thats loud (i usually finger pick) the body of the guitar should be at the 14th fret (instead of 12th [not sure what thats called]) and something that sounds incredibly warm. I like the dark wood color.

my top candidate as of right now is the Gibson J45.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
the breedlove AD25/SR is $999.99 or something like that and its amazin gi just got it like a week ago
Have you played the Gibson?
Cos I have heard a lot of things about their acoustic being OK, but not really all they are hyped up to be.

Look at the higher level Alvarez's
Taylors are really loud, but I dont know how warm they will be for you. They are pretty bright, with very defined tones. I think the best guitar for you would be an American made Breedlove cutaway. At least check those out.
John Frusciante i think has a nice sounding Martin
Guitars gear
Fender Nashville Telecaster
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects
hmm, Yeah my friend has a taylor and it was too bright for my taste (sounds incredible, but not what im personally looking for)

ill take a look at those breedloves

EDIT: Looked at some of them...the Breedlove Atlas Series AD20/SR Plus is a freakin awesome looking guitar (with excellent reviews), im gonna go down to the guitar center tomorrow to check it out.
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
Last edited by HellBent1337 at Oct 19, 2007,
Oh, also not sure if this matters on the guitar itself so much, but i usually play with all the strings turned down 1 full step.
thats more of a string issue, if you have light strings they will flap around and wont have good definition. But if you are going to be tuning down alot, make sure the guitar you have has good low end definition.
And if you dont like Taylors then yeah, Breedlove could be the way to go. Martins are good too, but I'm not sure what you can get for the price
I played some mid-high end Martins and Taylors today at guitar center ($900-$2000) and I must say they all sound amazing, but different. The definition between the tones was awesome, each guitar had a slightly different sound. Definitely try out as many guitars as possible in person before settling on one, esp in that price range.

On the downside, my Washburn acoustic now sounds ****ty in comparison
What kind of Washburn acoustic do you have? I was looking for a guitar for my husband and I was trying to decide between the Washburn D56SW and the Alvarez MD95....
Quote by vermonter16
What kind of Washburn acoustic do you have? I was looking for a guitar for my husband and I was trying to decide between the Washburn D56SW and the Alvarez MD95....

Personally I would go for the Alvarez, but theyre both pretty good
Look into Larrivee. Excellent, excellent guitars.

Besides those, Gibson's acoustics can be so-so. When you find a good one though, they're normally very nice. Can be hard but might be work looking. Martin and Breedlove are both solid. Taylor, definitely. Can't really think of anything else to recommend.
I've never seen in mentioned on here, but I have a Guild that is pretty bad ass it feels like an electric guitar, and is very resonant.
Check out Walden if you can. They don't carry them at guitar center, but I personally find them to be the best acoustics for the price.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Quote by vermonter16

I have the EA19K, Koa body. It has a very deep sound, very bassy, and not too much my taste now, I've grown out've that sound. Still a good guitar playability wise though.
Take a look at Zager, Zad 80, Martin D-15 Custom (Musicians Friend or Guitar Center). Takamine's, Blueridge is an option, great Martin sound for a lower price.
Quote by Matt Chavie
I've never seen in mentioned on here, but I have a Guild that is pretty bad ass it feels like an electric guitar, and is very resonant.

ohhh my friend has a guild...It's like 30 years old, and it played so freaking nice, and sounded beautiful i offered to buy it, but she has sentimental value to it (it was her dads)

thanks guys for all the great suggestions!