Ok, so my school is having an American Idol type of thing. I made it through the audition singing/playing the song "The Boy Who Blocked his own Shot" by Brand New with an acoustic guitar.

They're only looking at my voice so I need an impressive song. I'm allowed to have a guitar as accompaniment so I'm most likely using one. I have a high-ish vocal range.

I need song suggestions.
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
if you have a high vocal range, Coheed and Cambria- Wake Up

it's really cheesy but it's simple and sounds nice

if you're school generally has decent taste in music try Opeth- "still day beneath the sun" or "patterns in the ivy II"
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Last edited by RageAgainst... at Oct 19, 2007,
High vocal range you say?

Not really a guitar song, but if you could play piano, do

Intensity in Ten Cities - Chiodos
Acoustic version of welcome home by coheed and cambria! Or any coheed songs....
Ch-Check It Out by the Beastie Boys
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
i think posting threads like this'll lead you to nowhere. all what's going to happen is that you'll get 10 0000 suggestions and you'll be even more confused. just chose a song you really like, not to hard to play on guitar and sing at the same time and that you think sounds good
Quote by Hugsy
Ok, so my school is having an American Idol type of thing. I made it through the audition singing/playing the song "The Boy Who Blocked his own Shot" by Brand New with an acoustic guitar.

They're only looking at my voice so I need an impressive song. I'm allowed to have a guitar as accompaniment so I'm most likely using one. I have a high-ish vocal range.

I need song suggestions.

Slow Cheetah by RHCP for acoustic

also any Queensryche song if you're lookng for a hefty falsetto.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone