It does look fake. I have an epi LP custom and the top corners have an additional cut in them so they don't form a point like the Gibsons do. Weird.
Does look quite odd. The truss rod cover should have 3 screws I thought, for an Epiphone.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Oct 20, 2007,
I remember reading on the LesPaul forums that, the Japanese Elitist LP's had the open book headstock....
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Yeah that Japanese Epiphone looks really nice.

Stile something about the way Epiphone is written, the truss rod cover as whole lotta led pointed out and the tuners don't seem right. Guitars have been known to change over the years though so you never really know.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Yeah that's the first time I ever seen a non Elitist with a truss rod cover with only two screws.
I dunno...

TS, anymore pics of it?
That's what a 2-year-old (or older) Japanese-made Epi LP Custom will look like. There's nothing fake or suspicious about that guitar at all, unless you're being lied to about it's age or where it was made.
Quote by FRDesign
The Japanese(Sold in Japan) Epiphone Customs had the Gibson Headstock!

You answered your own question ... a MIJ Epi LP Elite:

Don't forget that they also have the multiple binding. That one was $415 from Ikebe.

Woah, forget the Gibsons, I might just have to get myself one of these Japanese Epiphones.

Epiphone was supposed to be made by Gibson long ago meaning it's USA made. They consider Epiphone to be their second tier guitar. Nowadays it's made somewhere else for Gibson.
the japan ones look so much better witht hat headstock. The only reason i dont like epiphone les pauls, is the retarded looking headstock.
Made in Japan Epis are great. Some did have the Gibson headstock. Unless he wants a lot of money for it I'm not sure anyone would bother counterfieting an Epi. Most of the time fakes are made to resemble higher price guitars like Gibsons. Not knocking Epi, but would you bother making fake 5 dollar bills when you could just as easily make $100's?