Page 1 of 2
Is it just me or does anybody else see lol as a symbol now rather than thinking of laugh out loud I see it as the acknowledgment of a humorous remark.

Does anybody else have the faintest clue what I'm talking about or what?
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
i never see it as laughing out loud, whenever i see it i pronounce it in my head as "lowl", as if its a word
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by Curfue
Since when is "lol" a word?

that's the point I'm trying to make, it seems like a word these days and not an acronym
Never really thought of it as "laugh out loud" or anything. It just represents laughter and I read it "lawl" or whatever.
I know EXACTLY what your talking about.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Yeah, it's more of a "I think this is funny" rather than "I'm laughing out loud" thing.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
yah, i kno what u mean. its just, dude. that was somewhat funny. Lmao means, i actually made a noise out of my mouth, but it was only moderatly funny, and Lmfao means they might have laffed. personally i hate lol. i try not to "lol" or say, heh.
yeah... that's how i use it as well (even tho i don't use it much). i don't expect people to imagine me bursting out in laughter when i say "lol". it's simply stating that i find something amusing/ironic when i have nothing better to say ^^
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
its something people use in IM's when they don't have anything else to say
I know exactly what you mean.
I take lol to be synonymous with HAHAHAHAH
and I enjoy it.
I haven't thought 'laugh out loud' for decades.
Or years, rather.
^Didn't see that coming.
But yeah, I know what you mean. That's why I try to stay as far away from those three letters as possible. A usually works just fine.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
we built this city on

rofl and lols

what kind of anagrams built this city

rofl and lols
I generally read it as lawl and take it as the person meaning what I said was somewhat funny and i use it the same way.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by Napalmdeth
we built this city on

rofl and lols

what kind of anagrams built this city

rofl and lols

We built these titties,
On silicone!!!

Yeah that's what we sing at the work when that song plays. It's pretty awesome.
Guitar Related Products
Schecter Omen-6
Digitech Grunge Distortion Pedal
Peavey Rage-158 15w Amp

Member of Kurt Cobain>shredding club P.M. eldanny to join.
Quote by R0CKER1220
Qlts

Quilts?

Yeah, who says "lol" online when they actually laugh? Whenever I do, I tend to say "lmao" or "haha."
ya i like it way better than its acutal meaning. like on msn, if someone says something, in real life i would prbly just smile and chuckle a bit, but online it's like, i jsut type these 3 letters, and it makes the other person think they're funny. and i don't have to be mean and like pretend that i was away then come back 10 mins later and change the subject.
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
ya i like it way better than its acutal meaning. like on msn, if someone says something, in real life i would prbly just smile and chuckle a bit, but online it's like, i jsut type these 3 letters, and it makes the other person think they're funny. and i don't have to be mean and like pretend that i was away then come back 10 mins later and change the subject.

I do that too!! haha!
I dont think anybody ever uses it because something is actually funny now
I have no doubt that before long it will be added to the dictionary.

I am serious too.
Also, when I usually say "lol", it means that my intended tone is a light-hearted one, not a firm one.
lol has been used so much that it has lost it's actual meaning. lol is just a way to hide the fact that your not laughing.
Page 1 of 2