I want to Know if anyone does it the same way i do it
its like an upstroke instead down so its actually pinching the string
nah i dont do it but ive heard of other people doing it, ive never heard if it actually works.. does it? im sure it does
its about 100x easier and louder but not as quick to do
the hand motion is a little out of the way since its up picked
so its not good for fast riffs unless your really bad ass
I can do it comfortably and quickly picking in both directions. It took a while longer to get it with the upstrokes though, but it can be useful if economy picking downwards (tonally, and hence, upwards picking)
well it all works.
i mean i have a friend who does upward pinches than down..
it all depends on the way the guitarist plays.
I can do both.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
I can't do those with a pick, but when I'm finger picking, I have this technique I do where my index finger goes upward, and my thumb goes down, and I can get pinch harmonic crazy good and loud that way.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Yeah. It's weird, I can often pull off pinch harmonics with just my thumb, between the skin and the nail. It's not a consistant thing like pinches with picks are though.
My friend can get the most BADASS pinches with upstrokes. We're there jamming and he just goes like OOOOOOOEEEH on the the low E at the third fret. It's quite incredible.

However, it's no good if you wanna throw pinches into a fast thrashy riff, like Municipal Waste. It's better to just get good at the tumb method.
Quote by SG Man Forever
I can't do those with a pick, but when I'm finger picking, I have this technique I do where my index finger goes upward, and my thumb goes down, and I can get pinch harmonic crazy good and loud that way.

thats how i didt artificial harmonics on ma bass, never needed to do pinches in a song i play with ma fingers tho
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Yer i used to do it although i bring my middle finger under and then pinch on the up stroke. Got killer harmonics but it was to slow to get into it.