Im looking into getting a half stack, but I need help on which one to get. Im starting a band and the other guitarist has a half stack. My budget would be at the most $2000. I'm looking for an amp with a great distortion sound. Something that sounds crispe. I'm looking at some Bogners, but their hard to get. So can you help me.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

I'm guessing you play metal if you're looking at Bogner, since they're mostly known for hi-gain. They would be a nice amp, but I don't think you'd really need a halfstack, even with that much. Look into the Shiva combo or a Mesa Mark IV combo.

I too am looking for a new amp, and here's what I'm looking at:

VHT Deliverance
VHT Pittbull 50
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Revolution
Mesa Dual Recto (2 Channel)
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Mark III (Blue Stripe)
Mesa Roadster
Soldano Lucky 13
Soldano Avenger
Framus Cobra
Engl Fireball
Engl Powerball
Engl Blackmore
Mako Dorado
Carvin V3

Basically anything off that list would be great.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
does your $2000 include money for a cab? if so you'll be hard pressed to find a bogner head and a good cab for that price.
Yea pretty much, I could go over a little. How much would a Bogner Ubershcall and a quality cab cost?
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

you Could get an Oreange rockverb used, and get a good metal OD with it.the r4est of the money you can buy ice-cream, food, or more effects!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

I'd say a 5150 or a 6505, but since you have the cash...

Carvin V3 and one of their 4x12" cabs with V30s. That should run you...$1600 or so. Flexible as hell. Covers 98% of the gain spectrum with 98% accuracy. A respectable, professional amp setup.