Alright, so I am not that new to bass, I've gotten hot and cold and played for about two years. But aside from that I just bought a new 300w behringer bass head http://www.behringer.com/BX3000T/index.cfm?lang=ENG and I checked out alot of reviews about this head, and it seemed great. I only need something to be durable and loud enough to cover drums. However, at the moment I can only tell you that this amp is not loud enough to cover drums, and it farts sound out at maxed quality. Does anybody have any ideas how I can boost the volume / fix the head?
What cab do you have?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I've only played through that cab twice, and its the only cab I've tried this head with. I'm not sure on the specs but I know that the both of the 10" drivers have been replaced with high quality 250w ones.
well you need a more powerful cab. if your head is 300w and the cab is only 250w, then the sound would be really distorted at full volume, so you need a new cab.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
You bought Behringer, it would seem that with their amps they list the output wattage as much closer to the peak handling rather than the RMS that the amp will normally run at, also, the tone on them is absolutely horrible, you won't find many tones that don't sound like a wet fart.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
You bought Behringer, it would seem that with their amps they list the output wattage as much closer to the peak handling rather than the RMS that the amp will normally run at, also, the tone on them is absolutely horrible, you won't find many tones that don't sound like a wet fart.

+1

Don't trust online reviews on sites that are selling them.

They have every reason to fake the reviews so as to shift more units.

Behringer amplifiers and effects have a bad reputation among bassists (although their pro audio equipment is supposed to be fine) for very good reason.

Reserch more than on the site trying to sell it to you next time.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
how many ohms is your cabinet? if it's 8 ohms then you're not getting the full power out of your head. The head is rated at 300 watts at 4 ohms. So, if you have an 8 ohm cabinet go buy another 8ohm cabinet and not only will you get more power but more speakers will also boost your volume a good bit.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
the cap is 4ohms at 500w

it has two 250w drivers.

Damn, and I got the reviews from Harmony Central.
yea man, someone told me that behringers have a bad habbit of sounding like **** and.....ummmm blowing up, catching fire that sort of thing...just sucking
rule of thumb

Behringer=NO

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
remember that the wattage handling doesn't mean the volume. Of course, you have to be able to handle the amount of watts from the head and more watts will be more volume but the sensitivity of your speaker has a lot to do with it too.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu