Does anyone have an explanation as to why Gibson and Fender mainly sell vintage guitars? By that I mean all there new guitars are remakes of old ones. I think it'd be great if they'd release a new body or cater to a different audience, and develop something new, does anyone else share this view? (This is all opinion obviously)
If it ain't broke don't fix it?
My stuff:
Gibson SG (for playability.......and looks)
Mexican Strat (for some reason i have two)
Hohner HW440G-TB Acoustic/Electric
We've got plenty of other companies that do that, Schecter, Jackson, Ibanez, and BC Rich are always coming up with new designs and crap
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I guess if you look at it like that, it just seems natural to progress with thing. And aren't classics classic because they aren't common anymore, like a '69 Mustang?
Quote by Matt Chavie
I guess if you look at it like that, it just seems natural to progress with thing. And aren't classics classic because they aren't common anymore, like a '69 Mustang?

my friends got one of them.... tis a beauty
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
my friend also has one. and it IS a beauty. but why mess with a great guitar? you look around and see how many people would empty their pitiful bank account for a quality les paul? they're a great guitar. with musical instruments, things don't work the same as everything else in our constantly advancing society.
frankly, i would lose a lot of trust for fender and (in particular) gibson if they began making new and far out designs.

they are built on a long history of producing great guitars, all of which are unique, yet all of which sound the way you want them to.

if they were to make a new model, (like the reverse v, but even more different) then i for one wouldnt want to buy from them because it would seem that they are experimenting with their guitars, and i dont want to buy a new les paul that sounds different to what i want a les paul to sound like.

and im not just saying that. - i learnt that gibson have started to have chambered bodies in their les pauls. i love the lp sound, so i dont want to buy one of those. instead, i found the best quality pre 2007 les paul that i could find, and bought it.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!