I'm not entirely sure how to explain this so I'll start from the beginning I guess. I'm a very dominantly left handed person, I do almost everything important with it and it is very dexterous. However on the advise of a friend I decided to buy a "right handed" guitar on the correct assumption that most of the hard, intricate work on a guitar is actually done with the fretting hand and not the picking one.

So a year passes by, I'd been clunking away learning songs and theory left and right, loving the guitar. There were times when I didn't feel like playing for a week or two but I'd always come back. Most of the roadblocks I encountered were with picking speed and correct rhythm on my right hand, but, hey, rhythm doesn't matter as much to guitarists does it?

Well, this summer I listened to The Lemon Song by Led Zeppelin for the first time in my life. I don't even know how to describe it, words completely escape me, but the groove that JPJ and Bonham fall into in the middle of the song just made me fall in love. Thats all I can say, I was just entranced. I knew instantly I had picked the wrong instrument...

So, heres the deal. I want to just start anew, switch hands, and learn lefty bass. What would merits of completely starting over technique-wise be? Can I even bring anything to bass from guitar aside from theory?
Ofcourse you can, just practise! DO what feels right.

And yes you can bring a lot from guitarstuff into your bassplaying. Like chords, solo's etc. Just be creative, not only standard!
I'm left handed and can play fight handed bass perfectly fine. Jusr try left and right, just holding them and see what feels natural.

The only problem I have encountered is slightly less natural dexterity in my right hand make slapping tricky, though it's slowly builiding up and getting easier.

If you find playing right handed easier, do so. If lefty is easier for you, well start affresh and play lefty.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'm a very dominantly left handed person, I do almost everything important with it and it is very dexterous. However on the advise of a friend I decided to buy a "right handed" guitar on the correct assumption that most of the hard, intricate work on a guitar is actually done with the fretting hand and not the picking one.

My left hand is my dextorous too, and my right hand is more powerfull. SO I went for a right-handed bass, I am very comfortable with it. But it is your choice!
Im a lefty too and it didnt matter how many positions i got always right basses felt good so just go for what feels good fer ya ^^
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P