Hey,

I finally got my new F30 combo amp today and am pretty excited. So I was just wondering if you owners out there had any help or tips with getting set up and familiar with the amp. A couple questions I had were.........

1. What are the two Fx inputs in the back and how do they involve effects pedals?
2. I am not that familar with playing with the EQ controls, is it difficult to find good tone or how would you approach adjusting the controls.

Any help or additions would be much appreciated as I want to get as much out of this amp as possible!
I'm sorry to say I don't own an F-series amp but I may be able to answer your questions anyway.

1 - If I remember correctly one is send and one is return. You plug your effects straight into those inputs and your guitar alone is plugged to the front. Some prefer the effects in-between the amp and guitar and other use the FX inputs it's just preferance.
2 - Usually people will set their settings at 12 o'clock and adjust from there. Another thing you could try is this: http://www.freelicks.net/Equalisation.htm
With a nice amp like that I'm sure finding a good tone won't be hard.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
u bastard ive wanted one for ages. Dont have the money though
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
For the contour channel, if you're trying to scoop it, it will sound like crap.

When I'm not using my Korg Toneworks pedal thingy my EQ for channel 2 is like this:

Gain: Max Treble 80% Mids:50% Bass: 25% Reverb: 50% Master: Must be at least 20%
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
For the clean channel, I have yet to find a bad tone on it

Also, the gain knob for the clean channel is also a push/pull knob for brightness.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I'm not familiar with that particular amp, but just a little tip from the ones I've tried. If you use the recommended settings from the manual, and tweak from there, it's a lot easier to get a good sound right off the bat.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I'm not familiar with that particular amp, but just a little tip from the ones I've tried. If you use the recommended settings from the manual, and tweak from there, it's a lot easier to get a good sound right off the bat.

I found Mesa's settings for the F-100 pretty lacking for my uses. They recommend a slight scoop which tends to sound really flabby with the F series. To get the tightest tone I highly recommend mid boosting.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yeah, I'm sure it varies from amp to amp too. I didn't mean "just" use the factory settings either, you have to tweak them, but I've found it alot easier to do it that way if you have no experience with the EQ. Just a little tweak can change so much with the active EQ.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Yeah, Mesa's settings for the Roadking were great, but the F-100 were horrible.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
heh, I can't even imagine going in blind on the RK EQ, that thing must be a monster. Glad the factory settings are good, just looking at the EQ is intimidating, it makes the Mark IV look simple, lol.
amp clips
amp vids
thanks for the help guys..........

this may sound noobish but MESAexplorer what do you mean when you talk about "scooping" with the contour option??
Quote by gregv
thanks for the help guys..........

this may sound noobish but MESAexplorer what do you mean when you talk about "scooping" with the contour option??

He means scooping your mids, as in turning your mids down really low.

Also, Welcome to the club! (Although I'm selling mine next week )
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ill buy!!
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB
Quote by Metal_Injection
Ill buy!!

My F-30? Have a friend who's buying it and giving me more than what I paid for it (in cash and kind of a trade), otherwise I wouldn't be selling it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
aww fair enough. Probably couldnt afford it anyway. cheerios
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
ESP LTD EC1000VB