Say I were to change my Squier pickups to something a little more good sounding.
What would you recommend?
Is it possible to get pickups that are stock in other good guitars?
Btw: I heard a rumour somewhere that gibson les paul doesn't really have good pickups and that people only buy them for design. Is it true?
What pickups are good or not depends entirely on what kind of music you're playing and just what your personal preferences on tone are.

For the record, most decent Gibson guitars come with pretty 'okay' pickups. They won't blow you out of the water, but they're not bad either. Of course it depends on the specific guitar model.

Anyway, there won't be much point you upgrading your Squier's pickups, probably. If you're trying to get a better sound or tone than what you currently have, you'll be better off getting a new amp, rather than pickups.
Yeh I'm working on the amp actually
I play classic rock, enjoy the occasional blues and sometimes feel like metal, but it's classic rock mainly.
I was thinking i would just change the pickups since I've gotten so used to the feel of my squier, the build ain't bad pretty good actually, thin neck too.
i agree with Bukuho.
Squires are... let's just say they're not the best.
if you like the feel of your Squire, just get a real Strat; better pickups, reliable as hell, and damn.. FENDER.
don't bother getting new pickups for a Squire.
Quote by foob85
i agree with Bukuho.
Squires are... let's just say they're not the best.
if you like the feel of your Squire, just get a real Strat; better pickups, reliable as hell, and damn.. FENDER.
don't bother getting new pickups for a Squire.

You know... you guys are right, I figured pickups from the local music store cost about 90 Usd each, much more worth it to buy new guitar since my squier holds2 single coils and 1 humbucker, so the cost would add up to the cost of a new guitar with just three pickups