Im looking for a delay pedal to play stuff like Alter Bridge to Kings of Leon. What is the difference between analog and digital delay pedals? Which would be better for me? Which is better in your opinion?

Thus far my options are as follow:
Analog- Ibanez AD9
Digital- Boss DD-3

Which would be better and would there be anything wrong with getting both?
digital has more delay time... youll probablly get like 2 seconds MAX with analog. i have a line 6 DL4 and its amazing. I get pretty much get as much delay as i want. and if you get a DD-6 or a Dl4 youll get a looper.
Digital has longer delay times and repeats the note exactly. However, the cons are that some think nit is quite sterile and it just copies the note with a severe lack of substance and purity which is quite accurate.

Analog Delays are much more pure and full of life with their repeats and repeat the notes played in a very musical and brighter fashion. They also self-oscillate more pleasantly and controllably. Overall, they are much better and more efficient but if you need delay time over 500ms analog, it will be hard to find and will cost you big.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
If you are looking for delay pedals, there are plenty of great analog delays including

EHX Deluxe Memory Man
T-Rex Replica (i think that one is digital but excellent)
Danelectro Wasabi
Maxon AD-9/AD-999

and undoubtedly the best:

Diamond Memory Lane.

The Boss DD-3 is great for digital but the best digital is probably the Guyatone MD-3 or Guyatone Flip Tube Echo
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM