I posted this earlier, but nobody was on.
There's smart people on right now, so I'm hoping for an intelligent reply.

Does anybody know how an intro like that of Peephole by SOAD is done?

I don't mean the guitar, I mean the sort of carnival-esque static at the beginning of the song. (not their demo album version)

I think it's done using cumputers, just editing static, or maybe heavily distorting a guitar line...

...any ideas?

- Sorry for not having a clip to post with this, I'm on my girlfriends computer.
You could drop it of a mountain and it would probably work better than it did.
i get the sound with my line 6 floorpod.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Way to revive an old thread....
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
dabbeljewteaeff(a.k.a. WTF) r u talkin' abbout. SOAD is the bast band eva' and i gonna kill u if u dont like dam...

just kiddin'
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Quote by Tummaenkeli
I posted this earlier, but nobody was on.
There's smart people on right now, so I'm hoping for an intelligent reply.

Does anybody know how an intro like that of Peephole by SOAD is done?

I don't mean the guitar, I mean the sort of carnival-esque static at the beginning of the song. (not their demo album version)

I think it's done using cumputers, just editing static, or maybe heavily distorting a guitar line...

...any ideas?

- Sorry for not having a clip to post with this, I'm on my girlfriends computer.
You could drop it of a mountain and it would probably work better than it did.

Idk ask Tom Morello, he seems to be pretty good at hiding behind a wall of effects.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab