http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutal_Legend

Brütal Legend follows the story of Eddie Riggs, who is living as a roadie for his favorite Heavy Metal band, Brütal Legend. The game begins one night before a gig. As Riggs is tuning a guitar, an accident happens and he starts to bleed, his blood dripping onto his cursed belt buckle, which bears a strong resemblance to Motörhead's Snaggletooth emblem. Before he knows it the beast on his buckle has come alive and transported him into a Heavy Metal and Nordic fantasy inspired alternate history where demons have enslaved humanity.

OMG this is so ****ing awesome! It's a brainchild of Tim Schaffer [Full Throttle, Grim Fandango] and it's voiced by Jack Black. And it'll be out for PC as well, contrary to the Wiki. This is going to be epic!
Last edited by AbsenceOfFaith at Oct 20, 2007,
Oh. Now everyone's jumping on the rock bandwagon.

Besides, tha fact it's Jack Black means they'll be playing BR00TAL METULZ on grandpa's guitars.

As good as it looks, I'm less than excited. Like Guitar Hero.
It's gonna be tiiiight! Sounds awesome, I'm getting really excited about it.

Plus Dio's in it.
Quote by Vermintide

Ehh, read moar. Tim thought of this game 15 ****ing years ago. And I think it's better he's left it for now. Fifteen years ago it wouldn't look half as awesome.
This could be amusing...

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by AbsenceOfFaith
Ehh, read moar. Tim thought of this game 15 ****ing years ago. And I think it's better he's left it for now. Fifteen years ago it wouldn't look half as awesome.

Oh, fair enough.

But don't you think it might have a little to do with the success of stuff like GH that it just so happened to come back to him?

"Oh look. Rock stuff sells these days. I had a game about rock once. Waaaiiitaminute.... $$$"

That's just what it makes me think, y'know?
Quote by lefthandman9876
cool but then again it is off wikipedia...

Go Google it.

Or just check Gamespot.
so what do you do fight people?
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by Vermintide

Besides, tha fact it's Jack Black means they'll be playing BR00TAL METULZ on grandpa's guitars.

As good as it looks, I'm less than excited. Like Guitar Hero.

ahhaha I thank metalocalypse for that quote

grandpa's guitar, it gets me everytime .
Cancer.
Quote by punk_metal2007
so what do you do fight people?

Seeing how the world has been infested by demons I would guess... Demons?
Quote by Renka
Seeing how the world has been infested by demons I would guess... Demons?

alright but with what a guitar lol
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by punk_metal2007

No, with an axe

Check out the video, looks pretty cool.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
I don't even buy games, but I really would pay for that.

And Jack Black doesn't mean acoustics, he's just a voice actor.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 20, 2007,
Oh PS fookin' 3.

I'll remind my friend about the XBOX360 one though.

what about screenshots they have any yet?
Quote by SkyValley
Dudes...

That is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Dude there's a fucking bassist in there called the Kill Master! Who's voiced by Lemmy Killmeister!
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I am getting more excited about this by the minute; anyone know of any release date?
Quote by punk_metal2007

Did you even look at the picture?
Quote by Vermintide
Oh, fair enough.

But don't you think it might have a little to do with the success of stuff like GH that it just so happened to come back to him?

"Oh look. Rock stuff sells these days. I had a game about rock once. Waaaiiitaminute.... $$$"

That's just what it makes me think, y'know?

It could have.. but just a little.
Rock alone is not what made Guitar Hero a success. It's the gameplay mechanic.
Think about it - the majority of people who are not devoted to rock but still play Guitar Hero on the PS and who are largely responsible for the huge sells, do they play solely because they wanna' feel rock n roll and all, or do they play because it's fun, dynamic, competitive, exciting and quite challenging compared to endless button tapping on a joy.
It's all about the guitar controller. Had the game shipped without it, it would've hardly reached mainstream.
Rock is not turning into a trend and it still doesn't sell as much as it should. But all the games that are truly awesome [God Of War, Half-Life, likely this one 'ere] carry Rock (think Metal) in them, in obvious and subliminal ways of delivery. Why? Because Rock is awesome. It's not only about Rock. It's about quality.
Didn't make much scence I suppose. Cool, at least I tried.
Last edited by AbsenceOfFaith at Oct 20, 2007,
Mark my words: This will be the best game released since Dead Rising...

Dio and Lemmy are in it!
Quote by AbsenceOfFaith
It's a brainchild of Tim Schaffer [Full Throttle, Grim Fandango]

That's all I read before I mentally pre-ordered it
I like the fact you can beat the hell out of emoes and it's gonna have dio. cant get better than that.
the soundtrack to this is going to be so ****ing awesome
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!