I wanna buy a new guitar...well, all I have right now is a Herald MG104N acoustic which im pretty happy with and a nameless brand amp & guitar and i dont think i can bear the terribleness any more so I wanna get something good. Im gonna concentrate on getting an amp later.

I play rock/metal but occasionally indie rock and I was thinking something between £200-£400 Any suggestions?
agreed^^
Originally Posted by"putnamehere"
You know youre a guitar player if you see hot girls and says:

"I'd tap her like a Van Halen solo"

and your friends are all:

"Dude, is that a new ice cream or something?"
well i wont be an ass and say NEW AMP!!!111!!!!ELEVEN!!!! if you're asking about guitars, check out jackson, they have some REALLY good guitar for the value, i think the X-Series would be the ones in your price range http://jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?section=guitars&subcat=xseries
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
if you have your heart set on a new guitar (which i believe is very important that you have one that at least is as good as you are, with room to grow with), then id say look for a used maverick. they go on ebay all day long for your budget, and are extremely playable and sound fantastic. i swapped out the bridge hummer for an SD invader, and ive regretted it ever since. i may actually swap them back today come to think of it.

i wont disagree with the others on the amp front, but if your guitar is bad, then you wont enjoy playing it and therefore wont want to play it, meaning that you'll probably never get where you want to go.
I actually would suggest the guitar over an amp in this situation necause the guys trying to play rock / metal on an acoustic..
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
washburn x50 pro, and roland microcube (or if you can stretch to it, cube 30x- DON'T get the cube 15 or 20, as they're crap).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
washburn x50 pro, and roland microcube (or if you can stretch to it, cube 30x- DON'T get the cube 15 or 20, as they're crap).

How much does the roland cube 30x cost? & Why not 15 or 20? Sorry if i sound like a total noob but im just curious lol
Quote by Zhuey
How much does the roland cube 30x cost? & Why not 15 or 20? Sorry if i sound like a total noob but im just curious lol

perfectly legitimate question- the 15 and 20 don't have amp models. I think i saw the cube 30 around here for around £130? you should be able to get it for around that, at any rate. if you can't stretch to that, the microcube is only around £70...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
perfectly legitimate question- the 15 and 20 don't have amp models. I think i saw the cube 30 around here for around £130? you should be able to get it for around that, at any rate. if you can't stretch to that, the microcube is only around £70...

Cool. Thanks. So Im guessing the cube 30 has 30 watts?
I have the Roland Cube-30 for my bass. It's pretty sweet. While I haven't played the guitar version myself I hear it's one of the cleanest SS amps out there. You really can't go wrong with it. It's no tube amp and you won't be getting Randall SS distortion but it's an excellent purchase none the less.
Is the vintage v100 any good? Its a Les Paul copy i think... but my friends brother has it and he says its good for all kinds of rock
Quote by Zhuey
Cool. Thanks. So Im guessing the cube 30 has 30 watts?

yeah.

Quote by Zhuey
Is the vintage v100 any good? Its a Les Paul copy i think... but my friends brother has it and he says its good for all kinds of rock

i haven't tried it... the vintage advances (again haven't tried the LP model) seem pretty decent, though I'd still prefer that washburn i mentioned. It's just very good value in the UK, for some reason. it's possibly the cheapest guitar in the UK at the moment which is good "as is", i.e. no upgrades required.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

+1. The pictures on GAK.co.uk don't do the Washburn justice... check out eBay for good pics.