hello,

so im writing a song for my gf, and i really want it to mean something, to have an effect on her, so im choosing my chords wisely (im arpegiating them) and thats where im stuck...

i have one set that i really like the sound of it

e----------------------------
B---2---2------3---3---------
G----2---2--2---2---2--2-----
D-0---0--0---0--0----0-------
A----------------------------
E----------------------------

theres where im stuck, im am using a capo on the second fret, but i figured id tab out in its original form so you can think of some chords from there, i want it to have more of a minor feel but not too sad, so if you guys think of where i can go next it would be really apreciated, or even a point in the right direction since i barely know any chords, thanks a lot guys
put you pinky on E on the B string - Thats the fifth fret usually fits nicely you could also do a standard progression of a chord change aswell so just move on to arpeggiating (sp?) a standard C or a G which again would fit nicely
Quote by andyscoot
hello,

so im writing a song for my gf, and i really want it to mean something, to have an effect on her, so im choosing my chords wisely (im arpegiating them) and thats where im stuck...

i have one set that i really like the sound of it

e----------------------------
B---2---2------3---3---------
G----2---2--2---2---2--2-----
D-0---0--0---0--0----0-------
A----------------------------
E----------------------------

theres where im stuck, im am using a capo on the second fret, but i figured id tab out in its original form so you can think of some chords from there, i want it to have more of a minor feel but not too sad, so if you guys think of where i can go next it would be really apreciated, or even a point in the right direction since i barely know any chords, thanks a lot guys

Cmaj, Fadd9(?) and Aadd9, sort of dream like progression

Basically

e----0---3---0-----------
B----1---1---2-----------
G----0---2---4-----------
D----2---3---2-----------
A----3--------------------
E--------------------------

Add9 chords are great, not too complex and they sound hard.