I'm looking at getting a mid price valve amp. Some I've been looking at are the Marshall DSL401, a Fender Blues Junior, Peavey Classic 30 and a Peavey Valveking. I want one that's small enough for gigs and to crank up so it sounds good without drowning everyone else out! 15 - 50 watts max! Anyone got any suggestions/recommendations?
It depends, what style do you play?
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
A mixture of indie/pop/rock/alternative. Somewhere between The Smiths and Joy Division. I've got a vintage 30 in a box here that I used to put in a blues deluxe that sounded ace so I'll probably be doing the same thing with whatever amp I buy.
Well, If I were you I'd get the DSL401. They sound awesome but they have reliability issues so be aware of that. The Valveking is also awesome but It's not as good and a bit too metal for your taste I think.

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
What are the reliability issues? I've also been thinking about saving that little bit longer for an AC30. Any issues with them?
There's an AC15 btw. Awesome amp. If you can save up for an AC30 that'll be awesome. Try and Orange Rocker 30 too.

Well, for one, I've heard over the interwebs that they tend to overheat badly.

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
Vox AC15 sounds very interesting actually. Think the Rocker is out of my budget unless I find one second hand! Do you think the AC15 could do small club/pub gigs if I wacked the master up and used the volume to get my clean level? I play in a three piece by the way.
Hmm.. for that you need an advice from someone who knows better than me. Which is most people here haha.

What I can tell you that 15W tube is roughly 60-70W SS. And I think if you'll crank that tube amp all the way the tubes will heat which will create a overdriven tone.
But again, wait for another advice from other posters which will come soon enough

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
^^ It should work great. But since it's only a one channel amp, they'll be a big volume difference between clean and distorted. You might have trouble being heard clean at a gig, but the overdrive will be great. Most clubs will be able to mic your amp anyway, so volume really isn't an issue.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I'd save more and get an AC30 because it's a really, REALLY awesome.

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
This should go in GG&A, you'll get a lot of really good, thoughtfull advice in there. Re post this in that section.
Sorry will do! Just before I do tho - I've looked into this a little more now and I'm thinking about getting an Orange Tiny Terror. That way my room isn't just filled with amps and me hiding in the corner! I use a Marshall Valvestate 2000 AVT 50 for jamming and gigs cause it doesn't matter if it gets bashed about and it goes pretty loud. I've got a Vintage 30 speaker I can shove in it and when I want to do bedroom recording/playing for fun I can hook up the tiny terror. Has anyone had an encounter with one of these things? I've read some good reviews but want to know if there is anything I should watch out for with them.
Oh crap! I meant to type tiny terror instead of the rocker 30! haha /facepalm

The tiny terror is a brilliant amp!

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
I have heard that the Tiny Terror is excellent, but since the case is metal, you can toast bread on it after you've been playing for a while. So don't stack your printed copies of tabs on top of it?
well ive had my DSL401 6 years, no probs, but for your style you dont really want the marshall crunch and proberly look into the vox AC series, or for a cheaper (still fantastic sounding) alternative try the laney VC- series. Preferably the 30, it sounds less boxy. That has the best cleans of any amp