Ok, so I was gonna mod this thing, but can any1 give me advice on what to change... i already know that I dont like the neck, and i dont think the bridge is that good either, but can someone tell me if this is wrong, or what else is wrong?

also, it might help if you told me what to switch it with, because idk about the pick ups but since im not sure if im really gonna make the whole bigger or add wood to make it smaller (that will mess up sound quality), what should i do? someone help please. it would be nice.
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Music: Thrash metal, punk, ska, Grunge, old rock, Techno
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
Well if you want to change the neck then you should check out warmoth. They let you customize almost everything about their necks so you get exactly what you want. It'll cost you a lot but they make pretty decent necks that I think replace fenders although I'm not positive on that. Also, for bridges, the BAII is the standard fender replacement.
thanks..... and pick ups? should i just get fender p-bass ones? or are those the ones already on there. Cuz u know how the squier pbass has a dif shape? should i like make the hole bigger and switch pick ups or what?
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
If you have a p-bass, you might as well stick with p-bass pickups, any p bass pickup should fit just fine into the squire, don't waste money on a MIM pup it won't sound any better really, you can find out what kind to get in your other thread.

Personally, I'd change pickups first and probably even the pots, jack, and wiring with it, do the bridge second because it's the most important piece of hardware on a bass (for guitar I always want to change the tuners first). and worry about the neck last, not because it's any less important but because it costs the most, and you might be pretty happy with your bass after new electronics and a bridge and not even want to keep modding. If you really love your moded bass after those three, the next step is getting new tunners and throwing on some strap locks, at least I like them because they make me feel a little more safe. If you do a bunch of this stuff you'll have to put up a bunch of pics in the gear building and customization thread for everyone to check out, sounds like a fun little project.
Actually, I would say that the most important mods to a bass are the tuners and bridge. Those are the biggest quality control. The pickups only produce the sound which, isn't even all that important because your amp produces the majority of the tone and sound. While the pickups will change your sound, it will change the type of sound more than the quality of sound. The neck will change the feel of your bass. The neck will be your biggest upgrade and it will effect the most on your bass and how you like it. Make sure to try out basses with similar necks to the one you're trying out before buying one, if you do decide to go with a neck.
As I mentioned in the other thread, modding a P bass is fun and easy project compared to other basses. The electronics are really straightforward and simple. I have a Epi Pbass clone (AccuBass) that I am doing this to now, and its been fun.

A few comments on the posts above. Dullsilver is correct; if you are going to replace the pups, go for the rest of the wiring. Pots and wiring can be purchased for under 10 USD and it can make a difference in your final sound. If you don't want to be arsed to do alot of soldering, you can buy the pre-wired kits for Pbass with 250k pots from Stewart-MacDonald.

Part of what makes P bass and most of the P bass clones what they are is the thicker neck. Before you swap out the neck, make sure the action isn't set to high and that is the issue and not the thickness of the neck itself. The action on my P bass was high and when I lowered it, the thickness of the neck was no longer so much of a problem.

If you've never done a mod before, the bridge is going to be tricky, and again, I agree with Dullsilver, you may find that when you've upgraded the electronics, you may just want to stop there.

And a new pickguard is a great way to change the look of your bass instantly. Does squat for the sound, but alot for your stage look
thanks, yeah i haven't modded a bass before. i just kind of wanted to know what the disadvantages of a squier were so i could fix them. Yeah im efinatly gonna switch the tuners but are the tuners the same on all fenders??? they sure look the same. yeah ill leave the pick ups for last i guess but the electronics is a good idea... a BAll bridge is good cuz u dont have to drill so that makes it easier.. i might change that too.
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-