I've finally narrowed my head search to the Mesa Dual Rectifier and the Engl Powerball. Since I've really nowhere to put either through it's paces, I need some personal accounts of these amps highs and lows. Obviously I play high gain metal, but I do have a need for OK cleans.

Also, any cab suggestions would be welcome, but please be specific.

Thanks

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
Last edited by Leftyguitar51 at Oct 20, 2007,
this is a joke right. Its like comparing apples and t bone steaks. there totally different amps.

Imo though the powerball ****s all over the recto
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
If you're going to spend that much money on an amp, you really should try it out first, man.

It's a lot of money you're risking if you base your choice on the opinions of other people.
Anywhere you know of I could try them out?

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
I'm an Aussie, dude, but you could always look up the regional dealers for both of them to see who stocks 'em near you.
Yea, right after I poted I saw your location
The only place I've heard of in the US that stocks ENGLs is Rock Solid Amps in Florida....
Do you think now that musicians friend carries them I could get guitar center to order one???

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....
you should really try them out! they sound totally different, but both are great amps...

the powerball has a tighter tone, the recto is creamier IMO...but go try them out,l I prefer the Mesa
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
You're going to be paying an extra $800 for an engl just because it's built outside of the US. If you're really willing to shell out that extra money then you better be sure it is the amp you want. Definatly try it out first.

You would be able to pick up a barely used Mesa Boogie Roadking or Roadster for the price of a new Engl.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio