hey,

i want the best sound out of my gear and so im asking you if you would (apart from the guitar and the amp) change anything to complete the sound?

guitar: Schecter C1 classic
strings: ernie balls
pickups: the original ones
amp head: Engl fireball
amp box: Engl Standart 2x12
effects: g-major (+ in near future the sonic maximizer)

mfg
Maybe the pickups.

But you dont exactly have anything else to change do you?

Id rather go for seperate FX pedals than a rack, but other than that, theres nothing to change.
If you like your tone from what you have there, you should leave it how it is.

It's really up to you, and what you want your sound to be, we can't really tell you if you need anything to "complete" your sound.

But if anything, it would probably be the pickups, unless you wanted to add some more pedals. Maybe some wah?
well there do exist such things...you cant live without
the sonic maximizer is such a thing...when i heard it in action for the first time i was stunned;
last week my friend sayed that his amp would sound like crap and he wanted to give it to the musicstore to repair it...but then he realized that his maximizer was off!

so you see, that there are some true secrets which do a lot to the sound

ps.: sorry for the english
Id say pickups. that is really the only thing u can change that would make a huge difference in ur sound. Maybe a speaker change in the Engl cab, but idk if u should do that. u have a nice amp. Just get the Sonic Maximizer, and u should be set.
Quote by Aldenté
Maybe the pickups.

But you dont exactly have anything else to change do you?

Id rather go for seperate FX pedals than a rack, but other than that, theres nothing to change.

why whats wrong with a rack...you have all in one instead of the seperate pedals...
thats an advantage isnt it?