ok so i have 2 guitars, i broke my bottom e string on both guitars and have no money for strings, so my question is if i take the b string off one guitar can i substitute it for the e string?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.
^reported, that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

And no, you can't really go around substituting strings like that.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
You can't typically substitute strings in that direction, but if you had a broken b string and needed it desperately, it's POSSIBLE to stick a high e in there and tune it to a ridiculously floppy and bad sounding b.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
I actually don't have an E for my top string, I have the next one really tuned up... I ran out of extras, so I did that and it doesn't sound too bad, I suggest new strings, though.
Natural Blonde w/ Black pickguard Squier Affinity Telecaster
Epiphone Slingshot 25R Amplifier
Dunlop Tortex .5mm Picks - Red
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Danelectro Fab Chrous Pedal
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah Pedal
Just get new strings... Even I can afford strings.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
well i cant, im broke
Quote by NGD1313

Cheap strings are only a few dollars dude.

No matter how tempting and satisfiying it may be, don't spend all your money on crack.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Yeah, get new strings. If you're worried about shipping, I recommend Sweetwater, since they have free shipping on lots of stuff without a minimum. You can't just expect the same performance b/c of the massive differences in gauges.
i dont spend money on crack, no drugs for me lol. its just i went to a football game last night and spent 10 dollars, of my moms money lol
Quote by NGD1313

Quote by tubab0y
^reported, that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

And no, you can't really go around substituting strings like that.

you are a real ass, why would you go around just reporting people like that its not kool they just having a laugh your just being a kill joy get a life m8, and if u even think about reporting me for tis then ur a hipcrite cause you are reporting because u feel you are helping people out,. well im helping out this guy you reported so yeh same difference aint it!
Quote by callum2903
you are a real ass, why would you go around just reporting people like that its not kool they just having a laugh your just being a kill joy get a life m8, and if u even think about reporting me for tis then ur a hipcrite cause you are reporting because u feel you are helping people out,. well im helping out this guy you reported so yeh same difference aint it!

1. It was spam, wasn't even remotely on topic, spam gets reported.
2. Having a laugh? No, just being a twat.
3. www.dictionary.com

Anyway, you can't really substitute strings like that, i don't think you could tune a b string up to an e anyway, it would just snap.
Quote by buckethead_jr
1. It was spam, wasn't even remotely on topic, spam gets reported.
2. Having a laugh? No, just being a twat.
3. www.dictionary.com

Anyway, you can't really substitute strings like that, i don't think you could tune a b string up to an e anyway, it would just snap.

no not spaming, not spamming at all, the only spam is stuf ftaht doesnt serve any purpose apart fomr to annoy, this way obvi intendded to amke people laugh, it may not have but still isnt spam, arse whole
Seriously, even D-Arddios, which are good strings, cost 3$ for a whole set.
I mean, come on.
I can find that much in my couch.
Rap is music too. It is just another evolution of the medium. Don't be a douche and say it isn't.
Quote by callum2903
no not spaming, not spamming at all, the only spam is stuf ftaht doesnt serve any purpose apart fomr to annoy, this way obvi intendded to amke people laugh, it may not have but still isnt spam, arse whole

spam is anything off topic...and that comment was just stupid anyway...and if he was trying to make people laugh...he needs to just stop telling jokes right now, cuase he has no sense of humor.

and you could even just go to your walmart and get a 2 dollar set of strings....they wont be the best, but they work, and there cheap.
Last edited by HLrocker at Oct 20, 2007,
you cant afford new strings? not even the one that you've broke? even in the UK a single string is only like 50P (half a pound) ,,, Even the most tight person on earth should be able to afford at least that so just go and get some dude
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
What I meant to say was "Don't substitute strings for other strings". It came out wrong though.
Quote by NickRaciti
Set a q-tip on fire and bite down on something.

I don't get it.

Was that a joke?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison