This is a 2000?? Gibson Classic that I have modded the crap out of. It has new grover tuners, graphite nut and saddles. The pickups are way different too. It has a PRS McCarty in the neck, Dragon II in the bridge, and a Seyour Duncan Minihumbucker in the middle postion. I converted the tone knob for the neck pickup into a master volume for the guitar.

This is a players guitar!! I have played the crap out of this baby and there is the wear to prove it so collectors look elsewhere!! This guitar has seen countless stages and entertained tens of thousands of fans. The neck on this thing is outstanding...frets are great. I know Gibson has slipped in quality so guitars can be hit or miss. I hit on this one!!

Im interested in getting a comparable jazz guitar bc Im done playing out. You know, I have a 2yr old son so I want to be the family man. I'm wanting to trade mostly but you can offer. No low ballers bc I wouldn't mind keeping this at all but it deserves to be played out. You can Email me at Austin_Taunt@hotmail.com

Fake # = Fake Gibson.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Whatever man...this is the real deal. Call Gibson and you will find out for yourself. This was a limited run guitar.
Last edited by Austin_Taunt at Oct 20, 2007,
There's nothing wrong with the serial number - but according to that, it was made in 2003, not 2000. Straight from Gibson's website:

Les Paul Classic: This model features an ink stamped serial number with no "MADE IN USA" (just as we used on the original 1952-1960 Les Pauls). Most will be 5 to 6 digits in length, but the earliest examples feature 4 digit serial numbers. There should be a space after the 1st digit with the 4 and 5 digit serial numbers, and no space with the 6 digit numbers.

The 1st digit indicates the year of manufacture for the 4 & 5 digit serial numbers, these were used from 1989-1999. The 1st and 2nd indicate the year of manufacture for the 6 digit serial numbers which we've been using since 2000.

Examples -
9 xxx = 1989 (4 digit number beginning with "9" used only in 1989)
0 xxxx = 1990
9 xxxx = 1999
00xxxx = 2000
05xxxx = 2005
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
thanks for clearing that up!! YOU DA MAN!! Now that we have all of this out of the way...anyone want an outstanding axe??
You wouldnt be interested in a ernie ball van halen sig would you. Its the one without the locking trem.
Anyone have any idea as to what the last four digits indicate on the gibson classics? I realise that the first two digits (or in some cases the first) indicate the year, but i havent a clue what they are? Help me!
im prepared to offer you a vintage 2006 squier and I'll even throw in an all original Hash Browns Flanger (Danelectro).. get back at me
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
It is a cruel crime to your son to sale that guitar if iwas you kid i would be so pissed to find out you sold it

i mean you put part of yourself into that guitar modding it man come on
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
you should keep it as an heirloom for that kid of yours
and as it gets passed down generation by generation each son could mod it in his own way
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212