Why is HIGHWAY 1 STRAT 300 buck less than normal Fender US? Having named US fender does it have the body quality of one?
I'm thinking of getting one and switch out some better pickups.
Quote by Ippon
Have you auditioned both? What is it about the PUs on the H1 that makes you want to replace them?

Just a backup plan Many people said it doesnt give the sound of a real US fender because of the pickup. But the pickups are changeable while the wood and body finish can't. How is it different from other fender US? or is it the same?
Last edited by hminh87 at Oct 20, 2007,
Keep in mind that the MIA standard comes with a hardshell case. Which is about a 100 dollar value. So you're really only paying about 100-200 dollars more or so since you would need to get a case with the HW1 also.
The Highway one has a nitrocellulose lacquer, which allows the wood to breath and therefore allow it to age better as well. I prefer the Hwy 1 to the us standard strat, i just think the standard doesnt feel and sound right...
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

What does "Super-size frets" on the Highway one means?
Bigger than average frets?
Quote by hminh87
Just a backup plan Many people said it doesnt give the sound of a real US fender because of the pickup. But the pickups are changeable while the wood and body finish can't. How is it different from other fender US? or is it the same?

o_0

Many MIA Fender Strats have different PU combinations. If you're just going by what people regurgitate in the forums, don't. It's best to audition various Fender Strat models, preferably through an amp you already own, assuming you have a decent one which can deliver nuances of tone. Who knows, you might even like a MIM (Mexico) Strat.

I've seen guitarists produce glorious music from Squier Strats through Fender tube amps. It's important to play them yourself, before you believe what you read from unknown posters.

But most of the time the public usually right
If the sound is exactly what I wanted then there would be no reason to change the PU
My main concern here is the quality of the body compare to others.
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
Keep in mind that the MIA standard comes with a hardshell case. Which is about a 100 dollar value. So you're really only paying about 100-200 dollars more or so since you would need to get a case with the HW1 also.

que? you don't NEED a hardshell case at all. in fact, i prefer gig bags. you can cycle with gig bags.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I actually prefer the Highway One in every single way to the Standard MIA, which is a rather bold statement to make. Actually, I don't like the 70's style headstock, but asides from that, everything feels better to me. Which is saying alot as MIA's kick ass.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Yeah, the hardcase is a unnecessary expense for me. But one question: Is Highway One guitars MIA or are there MIM as well?
Quote by hminh87
Yeah, the hardcase is a unnecessary expense for me. But one question: Is Highway One guitars MIA or are there MIM as well?

Made in USA. Great guitar, yeah, I have one, it's not mine though.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Anyone has any comment on the Atomic™ Humbucking bridge pickup of the HSS Highway One? The shop only has SSS in stock (It sounded fan'fukingin'tastic also xD )
I'm not a fan of modern Fenders and I'd never buy one (by those I mean Highway 1, American Standard, Deluxe and similar series), but if I had to choose one, I'd be too a H1. The new ones have been upgraded and aren't expensive, so they may be worth a look for you.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby