Just tried out a RG in my local shop. It is Japan made, HSH setup, V8 S1 V7 pickups, shark fin inlay (those 2 pointy thing), Three piece neck (darker line in the middle) and orignal edge bridge.

Can anyone tell me what it is? And for 300 pounds would it be a good buy?

Oh yeah, I remember the hardware being chrome or black. (can't really remember which)

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

No, it has shark fin inlays. The guitar looked well used. So I am guessing about more than 10 years old?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

What did it say on the headstock? was it a prestige? it sounds good but a picture would help
on the head stock can you rmeber if under the "IBANEZ" logo it had a large or thin strip line, and was it bold silver ?

if it was an RG prestige it might havehad "prestige" above the "IBANEZ" logo on the headstock. Most RG prestiges have DiMarzio pick up though. Maybe it was a RG550 because they were made in the 80's 90's i think, so it maybe from those years.
No, it wasn't a prestige. RG570EX might be it. I'll go down and check again tomorrow.

Is it worth 300 pounds?

Quote by KileManA7X

i dont know, but i can garantee, ...they'll no knock on the door.....im total broke., ...thats what im here for lol....erh

pics ?
I don't have any pics atm. Should've taken some with my phone. I'll go down there again tomorrow.

Quote by KileManA7X

Quote by p.stick
I don't have any pics atm. Should've taken some with my phone. I'll go down there again tomorrow.

plan, batman.
Quote by p.stick

Is it worth 300 pounds?

Well, if it is a RG570EX, they usually go for around £270-300 now anyway.

It's pretty much got the same specs as the RG1570, it would be a good buy, definitely.
Maybe I will try and haggle down the price a bit...

Or should I just ask them to throw in a free pickup? I think a SD custom 5 would be pretty sweet in bridge.

Quote by KileManA7X

Quote by p.stick
Maybe I will try and haggle down the price a bit...

Or should I just ask them to throw in a free pickup? I think a SD custom 5 would be pretty sweet in bridge.

SD custom 5 has to be the worst pick-up I ever tried. That's just my opinion though. xD
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black