Hey guys!

Did a recording with a friend of mine today.

He did the acoustic guitar and vocals.

I did the drums, bass, and guitar.

Guitar is all Mark IV through a Mesa traditional 4x12....PRS Singlecut with tone rolled off (except for the end solo), and an EH Deluxe Memory Man for a little more body.

Recording with a Shure SM57 upfront and a Rode NT1-A Condensor about 2 feet back.

www.myspace.com/ericssoloproject

Let me know what you think! If you do have a myspace, feel free to add, as this is my new page for my solo music.
Nice tone!
I like where youre goin with it, I'll most definitely send you an add

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11183103#post11183103

EDIT: actually id reccomend one thing
with the guitar, try a stereo approach.
duplicate the track and stick one totally right and one totally left, with about 2 millaseconds of difference between the two. then when the guitar is the main thing going on throw it back into mono
cheers dude
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Last edited by fosho at Oct 20, 2007,
acoustic tone was really nice. the lead tone was a bit warm. try backing off on the mids. vocals were a tad lame. try sing with more feeling. the leads really overpowered them, but nice leads. vocals really need work. the leads need to be backed off quite a bit. try and wait for a decent solo spot and then cut loose. solo was nice, but could have had more energy. drums were really good. nice job on those!

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11183688#post11183688
Too cool for a signature.
Thanks for all the comments!

I agree, lead is a bit overpowering in the verses....I should have sent it further left and right.

As for the singer, I agree....his singing is sub-par at best.....but it's the best I could find around here

Any more comments appreciated!
I agree totally with the above comments, loved the acoustic tone, lead a little bit warm, loved the violining guitar sound at one point. The voice is pretty mono tone, but there is something i like about his voice, and i think he he my have some potential, maybe with some lessons. His voice has a similar tone to a UK band called Logan, just his voice lacks the dynamics and the range. Also personally i thought the solo lacked a little bit of feeling, but depends on what sort of feel you're going for i suppose. Recording quality was very professional sounding. All in all good job.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

I envy you with your mesa. nice tone!!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots