I am looking for a replacement speaker for my Fender M-80 1x12 which I just got off of ebay. Anyone know of a decent speaker that has the same tone as the original. Thanking you in advance.
get a celestion, celestions are the only way to go man...if not, fender sells replacement speakers on musiciansfriend from like thirty bucks a piece or something like that, look it up
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Celestion.

No matter wtf you play, celestion will do it better.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Which model celestian. Vintage 30?? Looking for a bluesy warm tone. Clean tones but sounds good with light distortion.
for blues, contact ted weber. he makes great vintage style speakers.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Ishiga
Celestion.

No matter wtf you play, celestion will do it better.

Haha, good one.
vintage 30's are nice and warm
i think ive heard that greenbacks are pretty good for blues too, but dont quote me on that
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
everyone says vintage 30s, but I prefer the eminence legend. i think it sounds a bit smoother, and more balanced response wise.
Quote by ECistheBest
for blues, contact ted weber. he makes great vintage style speakers.

This is the only real help you've gotten so far.

What's the wattage of that amp? I've seen them listed anywhere from 85-135W. The Celestion V30 is not only not a warm sounding speaker, it's only rated for 60W.

Weber makes only one or two higher wattage speakers. I like Jensens in Fenders (although I'm thinking tube), and they have a number of 100W models. The MOD series might be pretty cool in that amp.

Most important thing (along with tone) is making sure you get a speaker that can handle the amp.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.