It's an alright bass.. It's nothing special, but it plays nice and will get the job done.
Squier seems to have a bad name. But lately, ppl are starting to like their stuff. Especially their Vintage Modified guitars. But why a five string??
I think that it's fine. It's a Squier, not the best. But it's not a knockoff. I think they should have bought a four-string.
I didn't have any say in it,I don't even know why a five string. Also,there are no pictures of the color we got,it's actually Walnut Satin or something.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by .BillyTalent.
I think that it's fine. It's a Squier, not the best. But it's not a knockoff. I think they should have bought a four-string.

er... squire is a fender owned fender knockoff.... no?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
er... squire is a fender owned fender knockoff.... no?

No, a 'licenced' copy I believe is the terms they use.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
No, a 'licenced' copy I believe is the terms they use.

Squire also makes the ignature instruments for some pop-punk artists.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Squire also makes the ignature instruments for some pop-punk artists.

Pete Wentz... hardly a virtusoso.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Squire's are a lot better than everyone makes them out too be, Yeah they are copies of Fender's but they still play good.

My 200 dollar Squire P-Bass I got for Free was an awesome bass for my first few years of playing.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
So,it's not going to be mine but,my church youth group is froming a band(I'm on lead guitar) and the church bought a bass. I was wondering what you peope think of it.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Standard-P-Bass-Special-5-5String-Bass?sku=510581

your church made a good choice, for the money. Squiers are fine. a good bass player will be able make good use of it. congrats on the new band.