Hey people,

I'm in talks with a work colleague on buying my first car! He's selling his P-Reg Volkswagen Polo 1.4 CL, which i'm interested in. We've worked out that insurance is going to be around £800 for first year on a third party with my parents. He wants a £1000 for it, yet we've left him an offer of £800 (Talk about piss take!) and hopefully he'll lower his price to around £900 which makes it a fair enough deal. Mileage is 50k which is very good considering it's an 11 year old car.

Now, here's the advice I need. The colour is Red, which means over time it's seen better days and now looking partially faded and dare I say slightly Pink. It's liveable but I really want it to look a bit nicer so i've come for help on paintwork treatment.

I've looked into a Buffer machine, but these aren't cheap and it's a bit of a waste of money if it's no good. I've also seen Turtle Wax Colour Restorer and Auto Glym Paint Renovator, anyone tried these on faded paint?
http://www.clean-image.co.uk/articles/faded_paintwork.htm

This is what I was looking at, the paint is better than the top picture but Ideally i'd like it as nice as the last picture!

Any advice?
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
If your polishing your car back to red, you need a paint restorer to fetch the dea oxide off. Unfortunatly, it dosent work to well on red cars if they have a laquar on them as the basecoat fades. However, if you want a pink shiny car, then go for it!

Just make sure its a cool day with no sun, preferbly even a little bit humid, and if you ever drop the cloth, dont pick it up... and also if you use a white cloth, and theres a greyish looking stain on it, your doing it right!
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass