10 45%
Electronic Drums
1 5%
Laptop
5 23%
Other (Please specify what)
4 18%
Voters: 22.
Ok so I'm having a big problem with choosing what I want for X-mas this year. I have about $700 to spend at the most. These are gifts for me, my dad always wants really specific instructions.
1) New recording gear- I already have a line 6 UX2, I was thinking of upgrading to something firewire or just maybe some more mics and stuff.
Pros: I can record better
Cons: The band I'm in already uses a real studio so I can't record them. My recording stuff already works, it's just not amazing.

2) Fender Mustang- I have an Ibanez GAX, want something better. A mustang guitar has always been my favorite and would give me the tone I want. It would be the only gift I got though since it's quite a bit. I don't have a great amp to play it through. I don't know much about them, does anyone have any suggestions about other good guitars in that price range that are good for alternative rock?

3) Electronic Drums- I think it would be really cool to have these since I already play drums and this way I could be pretty silent and make different sounds and stuff. They are kind of expensive and I also already have perfectly good acoustic drums.

4) Laptop Computer- Now I don't really have any reason for a laptop now that I know I can't really get internet access (we're too cheap). I'll need one for college in a couple years. It would be cool to have my own computer.

5) Other-any ideas you guys can think of that aren't completely retarded or sexually related. Hopefully they have something to do with recording, guitar, or drums. Thanks!!! Sorry this is so long, Poll up soon, if i can figure out how lol.
Last edited by altgrunge at Oct 20, 2007,
Don't get the laptop for college. Wait until you're about to go to college then get one. Computers become obsolete too quickly these days.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
To jasonmetal love, why did you bother responding then although it did make me laugh. To child in time, I am very thankful for whatever I get. I'm not spoiled, I'm an only child so my dad can pretty much get me whatever he wants. He asks for very specific things so that he doesn't get me something I won't like. With technology you have to be pretty specific anyway.
Quote by altgrunge
To jasonmetal love, why did you bother responding then although it did make me laugh. To child in time, I am very thankful for whatever I get. I'm not spoiled, I'm an only child so my dad can pretty much get me whatever he wants. He asks for very specific things so that he doesn't get me something I won't like. With technology you have to be pretty specific anyway.

I responded because I think it's a dumb idea to let random people on the internet influence your decisions in real life. Use your own brain to think of how you can further be spoiled.
I was just looking for other ideas that I haven't thought of yet and what people think might be better. It's not like I'm going to take these results and go exactly by what they say. If you think it's a dumb idea then you shouldn't bother writing anything in the thread. I'm definitely not spoiled at all. We're a lower middle class family in a two bedroom house and I only live with my dad. I pretty much have to get anything I want by buying it myself. Christmas also happens to be my birthday so my dad goes all out for it.
Quote by altgrunge
I was just looking for other ideas that I haven't thought of yet and what people think might be better. It's not like I'm going to take these results and go exactly by what they say. If you think it's a dumb idea then you shouldn't bother writing anything in the thread. I'm definitely not spoiled at all. We're a lower middle class family in a two bedroom house and I only live with my dad. I pretty much have to get anything I want by buying it myself. Christmas also happens to be my birthday so my dad goes all out for it.

It's the internet man. Don't take it so personally.
i'd go for the drums personally
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
You cut out all outher options so go for the Mustang. If your gonna use the laptop for college in a "couple of years", by the time you get to college, the'yll have better laptops.
Electric drums are soooo expensive. a set of Roland V-Drums is $999 or so. So go for the Mustang or a Fender amp. Depending on if ur amp is good. As far as good Alt-rock guitars, maybe a Telecaster Custom, either the single-Hum or the double hum. I like em alot, especially the red and black ones. If u dint have any already, then try to find some drum mics maybe.