I want to get a new bass.
I currently have a Silvertone Revolver
I like the shape of the Fender Precision.
The problem is that I can't spend too much.
I like to play different types of rock.
Like alternative, punk, and stuff like that.
My 3 favorite bands are Paramore the Used and My Chemical Romance.
I'm pretty much a beginner, I know like how to play, but never got real into it yet.
What bass should I look at?
Whats your budget?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Whats your budget?

EDIT: ^ Damn beat me to it
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
The amp I have is some Ibanez that I've been told sux, I don't remember what it's called, so I want a new amp too.
And for budget, I don't know exactly but I guess like up to $350 or so. but I'd be more likely to be allowed to get one for less.
Quote by byob_soad2
The amp I have is some Ibanez that I've been told sux, I don't remember what it's called, so I want a new amp too.
And for budget, I don't know exactly but I guess like up to $350 or so. but I'd be more likely to be allowed to get one for less.

The only test of an amp's worth is if you like it or not. Don't listen to what other people say about it, it only matters if it can make a sound that you like. Now what is your opinion of the amp?
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Did you buy the bass as part of a "starter pack"? Its not a bad starter bass but the starter pack amp with it is OK for practice and probably not much beyond that.

With your budget, you are going to have to either upgrade the bass or the amp, and probably can't do both. Unless there is a playability issue with your bass, I would recommend that you look at upgrading your amp first and then the bass. A good amp always makes a lower end bass sound better; the opposite is rarely, if ever true.

Also, are you playing with a band or still just learning at this point? This will also help us make some suggestions.

If you are dead set on getting the bass before the amp, go down to your friendly local store and start trying a few in your price range. With your music indications above, you'd do well to stay with the passive basses (Pbass like basses). One is bound to have the sound and playability you need.
I'm pretty much just practicing, though some of my friends have wanted to start a band.
Quote by MustangMan311
Get a Squier Precision, a 15-watt Fender combo amp, play with a pick, paint your fingernails black, and wear cut-off finger gloves.

Another person who acts half his age.....

Anyways TS, upgrade your amp first, see what they sound like first though
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay