Right so I wanna get a Synth or Wah pedal for bass. I was looking into the Bassballs but then I heard that it's not actually too great. So I'm not really sure what I want.

I have the choice I suppose of a Wah like the Morley or the Crybaby or a synth like the Digitech Synth Wah or the Boss SYB-5

And I know there's a bit of difference between a Synthy pedal and a Wah pedal but I'm not sure which I want, so I guess the point of this is for somebody to tell me some pros and cons of each, and what they could be used for
Do you want to be able to manually control your wah sweep, or do you want it done automatically? That's what it boils down to, really. However, the best of both worlds is the Dunlop Crybaby 105Q. It has a manual sweep, and if you turn up the Q, it has the synth wah quack. However, there's a bit of that quack no matter where you have the Q setting. It's not at all like the guitar crybaby tuned for bass; it's its own beast.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Morley Dual Bass Wah is a great wah pedal. Fairly versitile with its two wah modes, and has a great sound on both.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Ok so i'm looking at the Crybaby, but would you be able to suggest any songs Imight know so I could hear it in action, so to speak?
just go to a shop and try a bunch. You don't need to try and pick it out, and you can pick what gear to use it with as well as how you use them. My tryouts put the Morley ahead of the Crybaby bass, but you need to try for yourself.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I have the Digitech synth wah, and has awsome "square wave" sounds, octaver, "Yahhhh" sound and all that jazz but the actual envelope filter is pretty poor in general (very treble-ey attack and so on) but there is a very fine line where it sounds good. and on that fine line you can basically control amount of effect it has on the sound (in a very nice manner) just by varying the volume you play at.

you can even do like DJ filtering and stuff on it

Over all, it hasn't got much variation on the envelope filter but all the other features are astounding.

i hope that help's
Quote by gm jack
just go to a shop and try a bunch. You don't need to try and pick it out, and you can pick what gear to use it with as well as how you use them. My tryouts put the Morley ahead of the Crybaby bass, but you need to try for yourself.

I would just go and try some but the problem is there are no good shops round here that sell many pedals, pretty much just a couple of bass overdrives and the like
Quote by chocolateman900
I would just go and try some but the problem is there are no good shops round here that sell many pedals, pretty much just a couple of bass overdrives and the like

Same for me.

However, at the very least you can knock one or two off of the possibles list, so narrowing down the choices.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Not really, I don't have much chance to get out of Scarborough and there are literally no bass pedals here, and I've yet to see any Wahs or Synths in York, which is pretty much the only place I can easily get to
Use a KP2, they are beyond awesome for everything!!

Failing that, serach for Chuck Systems, they do a lovely synth bass pedal and its analogue so therefore 1000x better then Digital