Ok, i know ive made a few pup threads before, but hopefully with a little luck i could get a pup for christmas and then i would buy my second one. A while ago i was gonna buy some new pups because i was gonna play for the school gong show and the drummer bailed out right before i was gonna order some !!! I have an Epi LP Custom and sometime next summer i was gonna either grab a Traynor YCV50blue, Peavey Classic 30, or an Orange Rocker 30 if i can find a cheap enough used one. I really just like to play nething from clean rock to hard/heavy rock (no metal). Would an Alnico Pro II and a Custom 5 get the job done then? I know mostly about SD pups, but if there are good pups out there from different companies that you think would suit me plz post any opinions below, just NO EMG'S!! and i would like to be able to buy them at a guitarcenter so i can talk down the price a little. Thanks
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
an SD pearly gates pickup. those are amazing for classic rock and hard rock
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
whats ur budget? u seem like a guy that needs a PAF tone. for cheaper, get a Seymour Duncan 59 model. if u can dish out $300, go for a Stephen Design pickup.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
300 is too much, i would like to spend a max of 170. Thanks keep em comin!
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
Last edited by Chuckleberry at Oct 20, 2007,