Where I'm from, everyone's either a metalhead or into the hardcore scene. So I tend to stay out of the area's music scene from all the egos, and also I don't see much going for me in metal or hardcore.

So my question, is it wrong to write songs right now, out of the influence from other people, or is it going to lead me to a downfall or something?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
Write whatever you want
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
i always try to write away from the influence of other people, because all they do is shout "y'ARRRRRGGGHH" and hump each other anyway, which is very uninspiring. (yeah, i have a lot of faith in humanity)
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
There's nothing wrong with writing by yourself. If you write with others, they can put in ideas that you couldn't have thought of yourself, but sometimes other people will just get in the way or critique every single measure. If you can't find someone suitable to write with, then go ahead and write by yourself. But it's your choice, after all, they're your songs.
Why you NEED someone to write with. It's nothing revolutionary to write alone.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.