whats my best bet for metal, rock type music. (tool, metallica, etc.)

looking to spend around $500, what model is my best bet.
Quote by chrisb62
whats my best bet for metal, rock type music. (tool, metallica, etc.)

looking to spend around $500, what model is my best bet.

Your best bet is something like an old used RG5XX and up.

You'll get a Japanese RG, with better stock pickups than most of the present day RGs, a really nice trem, the original Wizard neck if you go back a while and all of that within your budget.

If you want something new either get a hardtail or something with a ZR or Edge Pro bridge.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
What amp do you have?

I'm going to suggest (can anybody guess? ) the Agile AL-2500 Tribal Green EMG. Solid guitar with real active EMGs for only $360...

Quote by Shabalaba
Yeah dont just limit yourself to Ibanezs, search around. Have a look around on this website.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/
This is a pretty popular model:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg-1570/7050

He's using $$$ so I'm guessing he lives in the US.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I'm going to suggest (can anybody guess? ) the Agile AL-2500 Tribal Green EMG. Solid guitar with real active EMGs for only $360...

I think that may be the worst looking quilt maple top I've ever seen. I'm sure it's a decent instrument, but that doesn't even look like real wood...
Quote by T!AN
I think that may be the worst looking quilt maple top I've ever seen. I'm sure it's a decent instrument, but that doesn't even look like real wood...

Well it's not like you get that *exact* guitar.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Well it's not like you get that *exact* guitar.

No **** sherlock, I know they don't all look exactly alike, but it's not unreasonable to think that they'll similar to one another. I was just saying it looks like they use a very low quality wood for the top.